welcome reproducible-central

I'd like to announce a new important step for Reproducible Builds for the JVM:
reproducible-central.

The intent is to provide easy to run reproducible recipes, to let anyone
rebuild a component from Central Repository that is expected to be
reproducible and check that the result is as expected.

See https://github.com/jvm-repo-rebuild/reproducible-central for the current
list of project releases that are rebuilt and checked (with sometime only
partial success).

When someone publish a new release that is expected to be reproducible, don't
hesitate to provide a PR with the recipe (= a .buildspec file), testing it by
running "./rebuild.sh path-to-recipe.buildspec" (then updating README.md by
running "./update-reproducibility-summary.sh"

In the future, this little Github repository should become something better
than a git repository, but this is a first step: improvement ideas welcome.

Re: welcome reproducible-central

Enrico Olivelli
Il Sab 28 Mar 2020, 18:21 Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce a new important step for Reproducible Builds for the
> JVM:
> reproducible-central.
>
> The intent is to provide easy to run reproducible recipes, to let anyone
> rebuild a component from Central Repository that is expected to be
> reproducible and check that the result is as expected.
>
> See https://github.com/jvm-repo-rebuild/reproducible-central for the
> current
> list of project releases that are rebuilt and checked (with sometime only
> partial success).
>
> When someone publish a new release that is expected to be reproducible,
> don't
> hesitate to provide a PR with the recipe (= a .buildspec file), testing it
> by
> running "./rebuild.sh path-to-recipe.buildspec" (then updating README.md
> by
> running "./update-reproducibility-summary.sh"
>

> In the future, this little Github repository should become something
> better
> than a git repository, but this is a first step: improvement ideas welcome.

Cool
I will try to add some of my public projects !

Enrico

> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Re: welcome reproducible-central

michaelo
Am 2020-03-28 um 18:21 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce a new important step for Reproducible Builds for the JVM:
> reproducible-central.
>
> The intent is to provide easy to run reproducible recipes, to let anyone
> rebuild a component from Central Repository that is expected to be
> reproducible and check that the result is as expected.
>
> See https://github.com/jvm-repo-rebuild/reproducible-central for the current
> list of project releases that are rebuilt and checked (with sometime only
> partial success).
>
> When someone publish a new release that is expected to be reproducible, don't
> hesitate to provide a PR with the recipe (= a .buildspec file), testing it by
> running "./rebuild.sh path-to-recipe.buildspec" (then updating README.md by
> running "./update-reproducibility-summary.sh"
>

> In the future, this little Github repository should become something better
> than a git repository, but this is a first step: improvement ideas welcome.

The entire approach looks non-portable and absolutely Docker-centric,
confined to Linux distros only. This violates the Java and portability
principle for me.

Michael