surefire-report behavior in multi-module project with DnoTest=true

surefire-report behavior in multi-module project with DnoTest=true

Debraj Manna
Hi

Crossposting from stackoverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44717069/surefire-report-behavior-in-multi-module-project-with-dnotest-true>
:-

I have a multimodule maven project

<modules>
    <module>A</module>
    <module>B</module>
    <module>C</module>

B depends on A and C depends on B. I do not want to execute unit tests on A
 & D.

So I have added skipTest like below in module A:-

<plugin>
    <version>${mvn.surefire.plugin.version}</version>
    <configuration>
        <skipTests>true</skipTests>
    </configuration></plugin>

If I execute the below two maven commands:-

mvn clean package -DskipTests -T 6
mvn surefire-report:report -DnoTest=true

Will D be compiled and build again in surefire-report phase or just A, B & C be
compiled and their test will be executed?

If yes then is there a way I can prevent the compiling of D in surefire
phase as I don't want to execute tests on D?

I am using maven 3.2.x.

Thanks,

Debraj

Re: surefire-report behavior in multi-module project with DnoTest=true

Debraj Manna
Hi

Any thoughts on this?