[surefire] Invert trimStackTrace default

[surefire] Invert trimStackTrace default

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi everyone,

Shouldn't we set trimStackTrace=false by default?
Current state makes the log quite useless since there is never the data you
need to understand why it failed so it just mess up the output without
added value IMO.

Wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: [surefire] Invert trimStackTrace default

Enrico Olivelli
Il giorno mer 3 giu 2020 alle ore 10:08 Romain Manni-Bucau <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Shouldn't we set trimStackTrace=false by default?

+1
It is very awkward current default (trimStackTrace=true)

Enrico

> Current state makes the log quite useless since there is never the data you
> need to understand why it failed so it just mess up the output without
> added value IMO.
>
> Wdyt?
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <

Re: [surefire] Invert trimStackTrace default

olamy
definitely +1

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 18:08, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Shouldn't we set trimStackTrace=false by default?
> Current state makes the log quite useless since there is never the data you
> need to understand why it failed so it just mess up the output without
> added value IMO.
>
> Wdyt?
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |