self-introduction

Matt Foley
Good morning.  Although I’ve used Maven for years, I’m new to the project as a developer, so thought I should introduce myself to you all.  I have contributed to other Apache projects in the past (Hadoop HDFS and Metron), and am now working with Spark at Apple.  I’d like to contribute a small bug fix for the maven-shade-plugin, as documented at maven-shade-plugin PR#14 <https://github.com/apache/maven-shade-plugin/pull/14> and MSHADE-259 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHADE-259>.  Hopefully the description in the PR is clear, but I welcome corrections and guidance.  The patch is only a few lines of code, so should be straightforward to review.

Also, since I’m new to this project, could someone with the necessary privs please add me to the MSHADE contributor list, so I can be assigned to the Jira, and can mark the jira in-progress?

Thanks very much.  I look forward to working with you on this, and other things in the future.
—Matt