repository element was not specified in the POM inside distributionManagement element or in -DaltDeploymentRepository=id::layout::url parameter ->

repository element was not specified in the POM inside distributionManagement element or in -DaltDeploymentRepository=id::layout::url parameter ->

Karen Goh
Hi expert,

I used maven build and run goal : deploy to see how my spring framework project run but I got the above error.

There is this stackoverflow person which has similar problem as mine:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27153024/repository-element-was-not-specified-in-the-pom-inside-distributionmanagement-el/39439911

So, I read up the below:
https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Distribution_Management

My question is since I am doing this on a stand alone basis and do not need to share the POM denpendencies, how do I get rid of this message?

With Spring-boot, it is very easy I just have to run maven spring-boot:run.  But, for springframewok I am lost.

Please help.

Tks & rgds,
Karen

Re: repository element was not specified in the POM inside distributionManagement element or in -DaltDeploymentRepository=id::layout::url parameter ->

Mark Prins
On 30-06-18 16:39, Karen Goh wrote:

> Hi expert,
>
> I used maven build and run goal : deploy to see how my spring framework project run but I got the above error.
>

> There is this stackoverflow person which has similar problem as mine:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27153024/repository-element-was-not-specified-in-the-pom-inside-distributionmanagement-el/39439911
>

> So, I read up the below:
> https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Distribution_Management
>
> My question is since I am doing this on a stand alone basis and do not need to share the POM denpendencies, how do I get rid of this message?

you seem confused as to what "mvn deploy" actually does, it places an
artifact in a repository, see:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/
if that is not what you want then using mvn install should suffice.