publishing Apache Netbeans maven plugin to central

publishing Apache Netbeans maven plugin to central

skygo
Hi Maven folks,

Apache NetBeans is under incubation right know and we would like to publish
it to maven central.

Apache NetBeans is built using Ant. A maven tools done by Milos Kleint at
mojohaus take the built items and populate a maven repository making a set
of file  (pom,jar and nbm).

Tool try to get dependencies from maven central. If tool fail to find it
populate a jar of the dependencies. All this pom are without licence now.

It's about 500M in size (but it will grow as more code donation are
expected).

At the time NetBeans was at Oracle,

each release or beta were published with the following version scheme
RELEASEnnn, or RELEASEnnn-BETA

nightly build were released  as dev-SNAPSHOT and SNAPSHOT the snapshot
repository were deleted before each nightly publication to avoid hard drive
space issue.

What would be a good way to get artifacts publish to maven central? (is
Apache Archiva an option?)

What is the minimal pom.xml section to have?

Many thanks

Regards

Eric Barboni(skygo)

Re: publishing Apache Netbeans maven plugin to central

Robert Scholte-8
The Apache Software Foundation has all the required infra.

Please read https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html

thanks,
Robert

On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 14:58:30 +0200, Eric Barboni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Maven folks,
>

> Apache NetBeans is under incubation right know and we would like to
> publish
> it to maven central.
>

> Apache NetBeans is built using Ant. A maven tools done by Milos Kleint at
> mojohaus take the built items and populate a maven repository making a
> set
> of file  (pom,jar and nbm).
>
> Tool try to get dependencies from maven central. If tool fail to find it
> populate a jar of the dependencies. All this pom are without licence now.
>

> It's about 500M in size (but it will grow as more code donation are
> expected).
>
> At the time NetBeans was at Oracle,
>
> each release or beta were published with the following version scheme
> RELEASEnnn, or RELEASEnnn-BETA
>
> nightly build were released  as dev-SNAPSHOT and SNAPSHOT the snapshot
> repository were deleted before each nightly publication to avoid hard
> drive
> space issue.
>

> What would be a good way to get artifacts publish to maven central? (is
> Apache Archiva an option?)
>
> What is the minimal pom.xml section to have?
>

> Many thanks
>

> Regards
>
> Eric Barboni(skygo)

Re: publishing Apache Netbeans maven plugin to central

Michael Osipov-3
> Hi Maven folks,
>

> Apache NetBeans is under incubation right know and we would like to publish
> it to maven central.

What is the benefit having all NetBeans on Central? Those aren't usable libraries,
but a whole package. Can't it just live in the Apache Dist area?

Michael

RE: publishing Apache Netbeans maven plugin to central

skygo
Hi

@Michael
All the lib are present at http://bits.netbeans.org/maven2/
It allows via nbm-maven-plugin to use maven as the build tools to make application on top of Netbeans. It's an old feature present since  at least 2008

@Robert
Thanks for the pointer.

Eric