properties analyze

Royce Gerard Remer
I'm considering writing a feature for the maven-help-plugin, but wanted to
confer here first: a properties-analyze goal which can:
a) list unused maven properties (like maven-dependency-plugin:analyze)
b) list undeclared properties (this can happen when you have a profile
which references a property which doesn't exist)
c) optionally fail the build for either of the above conditions

I didn't see this in any other maven plugins, and can't find a discussion
on this topic in the lists. I do see a ton of 'cleanup unused properties'
jira issues, however.

Good idea? Already implemented somewhere else? Good idea but wrong place to
implement the feature?

Re: properties analyze

I would also suggest to check if this can be done as an enforcer rule...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise