project.xml validation

jan_bar
Hi,

does maven validate the project.xml? If I made a typo in this file, maven
issues no warning. How can i force maven to validate the XML?

Jan

Re: project.xml validation

Brett Porter
maven pom:validate, though it validates against an XSD that is much
stricter than required (and actually had an error in it last release).

- Brett

On 6/9/05, Jan Bares <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does maven validate the project.xml? If I made a typo in this file, maven
> issues no warning. How can i force maven to validate the XML?
>
> Jan

Re: project.xml validation

jan_bar
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I hope that in near future I can
read about all those nice features in Maven book.

Jan

"Brett Porter" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
maven pom:validate, though it validates against an XSD that is much
stricter than required (and actually had an error in it last release).

- Brett

On 6/9/05, Jan Bares <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does maven validate the project.xml? If I made a typo in this file, maven
> issues no warning. How can i force maven to validate the XML?
>
> Jan

Re: project.xml validation

jan_bar
If I have multiproject, how can I validate all included project.xml in one
turn?

Jan

Re: project.xml validation

Brett Porter
maven -Dgoal=pom:validate multiproject:goal

On 6/10/05, Jan Bares <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I have multiproject, how can I validate all included project.xml in one
> turn?
>
> Jan

Re: project.xml validation

jan_bar
Thank you again.

I just want to point out that the
http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html doesn't match the
maven 1.0.2 maven-project.xsd. For instance the order in <build> differs.

Also there is some confusion with <artifactId> in the subproject. I applied
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1410 patch.

Jan

"Brett Porter" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
maven -Dgoal=pom:validate multiproject:goal

On 6/10/05, Jan Bares <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I have multiproject, how can I validate all included project.xml in one
> turn?
>
> Jan

Re: project.xml validation

Brett Porter
Yes, they were the issues I was referring to.

Maven 1.1 will come with a regenerated XSD, available here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v3_0_0.xsd
(though looking just now, that is still the previous version - so I'll
publish it again. If it has documentation annotations, it is the right
one)

Cheers,
Brett