problem with release plugin + perforce

brewk9
I am using -DgenerateReleasePoms=true. When I run release:prepare, maven creates and adds the release-pom.xml to perforce. Then, when I run release:perform, maven deletes release-pom.xml from perforce. Then, when I run release:prepare for a subsequent release, maven fails to readd release-pom.xml to perforce and gives this error 'Unknown input: //pem_rd/portal/development/code/mainbea10/maven-jee-shared-lib-plugin/release-pom.xml - can't add (already opened for edit)' which comes directly from perforce.

Is this a bug? Anyone else using perforce + generateReleasePoms=true successfully?

Re: problem with release plugin + perforce

Emmanuel Venisse-2
Hi,

Yes, I think it's a bug somewhere but I don't use Perforce so I can't help.
Maybe someone will can help you on the Maven users list because I don't think lot of Perforce users are on this list.

Emmanuel