problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

djeanprost
Hello,

I'm meeting a problem I can't deal with, and I hope someone here will help me find a solution.

I want to deploy an artifact to my running nexus 2.14.x. I can log in nexus using my login/password. My password contains a french accent 'é'.

When I fill my settings.xml with my clear password and its accent, I keep on receiving error 401 unauthorized from nexus when deploying.
If I change my password in my ldap server, by removing the accent, and updating settings.xml, I can deploy my artifact. I udenrstand there is no problem with any nexus role.
So now there is something wrong with my settings. Why is there a problem with a password containing an accent ?

Thank you for your help.
dom

Re: problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

Gary Gregory-2
Make sure the XML is saved in the encoding that matches the XML processing
instruction, usually UTF-8.

Gary

On Jun 16, 2017 7:57 AM, "djeanprost" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm meeting a problem I can't deal with, and I hope someone here will help
> me find a solution.
>
> I want to deploy an artifact to my running nexus 2.14.x. I can log in nexus
> using my login/password. My password contains a french accent 'é'.
>
> When I fill my settings.xml with my clear password and its accent, I keep
> on
> receiving error 401 unauthorized from nexus when deploying.
> If I change my password in my ldap server, by removing the accent, and
> updating settings.xml, I can deploy my artifact. I udenrstand there is no
> problem with any nexus role.
> So now there is something wrong with my settings. Why is there a problem
> with a password containing an accent ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> dom

Re: problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

djeanprost
Hello Gary,

Thank you for helping.
I double check that my password is correctly written and encoded in UTF-8 in my settings.xml.

I also sniffed network traffic between my maven and nexus, and the authorization string header contains a ? instead of é.
For what I can understand, it seems that maven doesn't respect xml encoding or loose character encoding when setting up the authorization header, but I can't imagine finding such a bug in 2017
What could I do more to go further in diagnose ?
Thank you.

Gary Gregory-2 wrote

Gary

Re: problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

djeanprost
After debugging, I managed to prove that my password is loaded from settings.xml correctly.
What I'm about to check is that is it correctly handled by http transport during deploy.
If someone can give me a hint for the class name I should look at, he's welcome.
dom

Re: problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

djeanprost
Issue created in maven jira : MNG-6245