problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

djeanprost
Hello,

I'm meeting a problem I can't deal with, and I hope someone here will help me find a solution.

I want to deploy an artifact to my running nexus 2.14.x. I can log in nexus using my login/password. My password contains a french accent 'é'.

When I fill my settings.xml with my clear password and its accent, I keep on receiving error 401 unauthorized from nexus when deploying.
If I change my password in my ldap server, by removing the accent, and updating settings.xml, I can deploy my artifact. I udenrstand there is no problem with any nexus role.
So now there is something wrong with my settings. Why is there a problem with a password containing an accent ?

Thank you for your help.
dom

Re: problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

Gary Gregory-2
Make sure the XML is saved in the encoding that matches the XML processing
instruction, usually UTF-8.

Gary

On Jun 16, 2017 7:57 AM, "djeanprost" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm meeting a problem I can't deal with, and I hope someone here will help
> me find a solution.
>
> I want to deploy an artifact to my running nexus 2.14.x. I can log in nexus
> using my login/password. My password contains a french accent 'é'.
>
> When I fill my settings.xml with my clear password and its accent, I keep
> on
> receiving error 401 unauthorized from nexus when deploying.
> If I change my password in my ldap server, by removing the accent, and
> updating settings.xml, I can deploy my artifact. I udenrstand there is no
> problem with any nexus role.
> So now there is something wrong with my settings. Why is there a problem
> with a password containing an accent ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> dom

Re: problem when deploying to nexus with a password with accent

djeanprost
Hello Gary,

Thank you for helping.
I double check that my password is correctly written and encoded in UTF-8 in my settings.xml.

I also sniffed network traffic between my maven and nexus, and the authorization string header contains a ? instead of é.
For what I can understand, it seems that maven doesn't respect xml encoding or loose character encoding when setting up the authorization header, but I can't imagine finding such a bug in 2017
What could I do more to go further in diagnose ?
Thank you.

Gary Gregory-2 wrote