parent POMS release in a few days

As told in INFRA-16467 thread, I'll do parent POMs releases soon.

Please update parent POMs as you want the release to be done: I'll start by Apache parent in a few days: see the diff against Apache 19 [1]
and the site https://maven.apache.org/pom-archives/asf-LATEST/

Once Apache parent 20 is released, I'll let a few days for Maven parent POMS

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-apache-parent.git;a=blobdiff;f=pom.xml;hb=master;hpb=apache-19

Re: parent POMS release in a few days

I have created MPOM-186 for ASF ...

So you think it would be a good idea to integrate that into ASF parent...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 23/06/18 12:12, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> ok; didn't read Karl Heinz email: perfectly explained in MPOM-186, both what's
> the expected benefit (JDK 9/10 support) and requirement updates (minimum JRE
> 7)
>
> I don't see any issue with requiring JRE 7 to run Maven: in my last poll, the
> vast majority of people upgraded to Maven 3.5 for color :) , then have JRE 7
>
> We'll just document that change

Maybe I misunderstand a thing here.

I would suggest to integrate MPOM-186 into ASF Release 20 to get several
improvements and updated.

MPOM-186 proposes several updates of plugins which is neccessay in
particular related to the usage of JDK9/JDK10 and also related to the
found issues related to different versions of plugins for our own build
(for example surefire 2.20.0 => 2.21.0, JUnit 5 Support of Surefire;
JDK10 etc.)..and lifted
minimum Java version for running to JRE 7 based also on the upgraded
plugins.

Furthermore we have fixed several plugins related to possible security
issues[1] which should be provided into a new ASF parent pom...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: http://maven.apache.org/security-plexus-archiver.html

> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le samedi 23 juin 2018, 12:06:13 CEST Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
>> I see MPOM-188 was created against maven-parent for that and fixed
>>
>> for the moment, priority goes to Apache parent POM
>>
>> last call for Apache parent POM updates: there are many plugin updates
>> available, like compiler 3.7.0, Surefire 2.22
>>
>> Is there a reason not to upgrade? like minium java version? or anything
>> else?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé
>>
>> Le vendredi 22 juin 2018, 20:38:12 CEST Robert Scholte a écrit :
>>> maven-invoker-plugin doesn't pick up -Dhttps.protocols from the
>>> JenkinsFile, let's fix this at plugin-parent level
>>>
>>> Robert

Re: parent POMS release in a few days

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Hervé,

On 23/06/18 13:02, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> no misunderstanding: I fully agree with your analysis
> I'm fully +1
>
> and since Michael will be releasing MPIR soon, with some fixes for JDK 9/10
> support, let's wait for it before releasing Apache parent 20
>
> go!

Ah very good ...

So we wait for Micheal MPIR release and update MPOM-186 accordingly
afterwards...

Apart from that...

WDYT about upgrading maven.compiler.source/target to 1.7 as well ?

Which I think makes sense ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le samedi 23 juin 2018, 12:48:37 CEST Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
>> Hi Hervé,
>>
>> On 23/06/18 12:12, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
>>> ok; didn't read Karl Heinz email: perfectly explained in MPOM-186, both
>>> what's the expected benefit (JDK 9/10 support) and requirement updates
>>> (minimum JRE 7)
>>>
>>> I don't see any issue with requiring JRE 7 to run Maven: in my last poll,
>>> the vast majority of people upgraded to Maven 3.5 for color :) , then
>>> have JRE 7
>>>
>>> We'll just document that change
>>
>> Maybe I misunderstand a thing here.
>>
>> I would suggest to integrate MPOM-186 into ASF Release 20 to get several
>> improvements and updated.
>>
>> MPOM-186 proposes several updates of plugins which is neccessay in
>> particular related to the usage of JDK9/JDK10 and also related to the
>> found issues related to different versions of plugins for our own build
>> (for example surefire 2.20.0 => 2.21.0, JUnit 5 Support of Surefire;
>> JDK10 etc.)..and lifted
>> minimum Java version for running to JRE 7 based also on the upgraded
>> plugins.
>>
>> Furthermore we have fixed several plugins related to possible security
>> issues[1] which should be provided into a new ASF parent pom...
>>

>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>

>> [1]: http://maven.apache.org/security-plexus-archiver.html
>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Hervé

Re: parent POMS release in a few days

Hervé BOUTEMY
yes, while at it, the warning on important change will be even more clear