Quantcast

nexus plugin help

John Dix

Hello,

I am fairly new to nexus and have need to create a plugin to extend the web UI of it. We have a pro license.

The requirements for this is to have the ability to store additional metadata such as licensing information for third party artifacts.

What I would like to do is to add an item to the context-menu (right-click) of individual artifacts listed in the Browse Storage treeview of a repository. This will then spawn a dialog box which has controls that will allow me to add the additional meta-data that we maintain internally.

The question I have at this point since I am still figuring out paths to solutions is:

1.       Does the nexus plugin provide for this kind of extension in UI and functionality?

a.       If so, do I have the ability to add the metadata I want to the lucene database (which I am unfamiliar with), or should have an external db like mySQL to keep the information I want? The latter, this would require me writing middleware BI to mine.

Thank you!

John “Caolan” Dix

Programming Sr. SME, Digital Commerce

Amdocs Mobile Financial Services Division

o: 206-288-0308 m: 425.351.7340

AMDOCS | EMBRACE CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE SUCCESS

Did you know…?

A global consumer survey by Analysys Mason and Amdocs reveals that cash is past its prime. Download the new white paper, “Mobile Financial Services: The Evolution of Payment” here.

Read the latest on Amdocs.com and the Amdocs blog network – and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and <a href="https://plus.google.com/&#43;amdocs#&#43;amdocs/posts">Google+

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

RE: nexus plugin help

John Dix

Anyone?

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

RE: nexus plugin help

Jason Dillon-3
I think you may want to look at the custom-metadata plugin:

Specifically to use that instead of writing a custom plugin to add the additional metadata you are trying to capture.

I hesitate to suggest this, as its less than an ideal solution, but its probably better than trying to implement a plugin to customize the UI.

The UI implementation you would have to use is also very old, fragile and difficult to comprehend.  We are working on addressing this, but its not going to be ready for some time.  I’m afraid that we likely will not have much time to help anyone who is attempting to understand and implement customized UI integrations either at this time.

—jason

RE: nexus plugin help

John Dix

Okay thanks for the direction. I’ll look into that.