newbie ques: downloading latest stable jars

newbie ques: downloading latest stable jars

Theodore Watson-3
I understand that maven will download jars from remote repositories.  As I far
as I can see, human intervention is required to ensure that maven builds with
the latest jars from these repositories.

Is there a current mechanism or future plans for automating this process, so
that whenever maven is ran, the project is given the latest stable releases
of its dependencies?

I apologize if I missed an obvious detail in my reading.

Thanks.

Ted Watson

Re: newbie ques: downloading latest stable jars

Jake-8
Right now you can either:

Manually set the version of the dependency to
retrieve,

or

You can change your dependencies to be SNAPSHOT. This
ensures you get the latest version (with a version of
SNAPSHOT), not necessarily the latest STABLE
dependency...

Hope that helps...

--- Theodore Watson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I understand that maven will download jars from
> remote repositories.  As I far
> as I can see, human intervention is required to
> ensure that maven builds with
> the latest jars from these repositories.
>
> Is there a current mechanism or future plans for
> automating this process, so
> that whenever maven is ran, the project is given the
> latest stable releases
> of its dependencies?
>
> I apologize if I missed an obvious detail in my
> reading.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ted Watson

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: newbie ques: downloading latest stable jars

Brett Porter
On 6/15/05, Theodore Watson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I understand that maven will download jars from remote repositories.  As I far
> as I can see, human intervention is required to ensure that maven builds with
> the latest jars from these repositories.
>
> Is there a current mechanism or future plans for automating this process, so
> that whenever maven is ran, the project is given the latest stable releases
> of its dependencies?

This is a feature that will be fully supported by Maven 2.0.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution

Cheers,
Brett