mvn --version (java inconsistency?)

Elliot Huntington
Now that Oracle is charging licensing fees to use Oracle Java as of Java
11, I am switching to Open JDK. Here is the output for my environment
configuration in case it is helpful. Everything looks consistent to me
except the bold output which lists Oracle as the java vendor.

Is Oracle listed as the vendor of Open JDK 11, or might I have
misconfigured my environment variables such that "maven --version" would
report a differing java versions for build and runtime scopes?

*echo $JAVA_HOME*
~/.sdkman/candidates/java/current

*which java*
~/.sdkman/candidates/java/current/bin/java

*java --version*
openjdk 11.0.1 2018-10-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.1+13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.1+13, mixed mode)

*which mvn*
~/.sdkman/candidates/maven/current/bin/mvn

*mvn --version*
Maven home: ~/.sdkman/candidates/maven/current
Java version: 11.0.1, *vendor: Oracle Corporation*, runtime:
~/.sdkman/candidates/java/11.0.1-open
OS name: "linux", version: "4.4.0-137-generic", arch: "amd64", family:
"unix"

Re: mvn --version (java inconsistency?)

Stuart McCulloch
I believe that's true for the current releases, but it looks like it will
change in the future:
https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk-build/issues/465