Quantcast

mvn test

yelo_3-2
Hello, I've build an application which depends on a library.
The tests in the application also depends on the test which are in the
library (they are implementation of abstract tests)

when I run mvn test I get an error message saying that nunit-console failed:
[INFO] ** (/usr/lib/nunit/nunit-console.exe:3579): WARNING **: The
following assembly referenced from
/home/yelo3/EsameIS/RemotingNetworkServices/target/test-assemblies/RemotingNetworkServices-1.0-test.dll
could not be loaded:

the test compiles, so the pom.xml is correct for compilation,
the problem is that nunit-console needs the mylib-1.0-test.dll in the path:
in fact in the directory test-assemblies there is only mylib-1.0.dll

how can I format pom.xml to copy the test assemblies of the mylib
dependency in test-assemblies?

I have this:
<dependency>
    <groupId>it.unibo.deis.EsameIS</groupId>
    <artifactId>MyLib</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <classifier>test</classifier>
    <scope>test</scope>
    <type>dotnet:library</type>
</dependency>

Thanks

Re: mvn test

yelo_3
this is a page related to maven
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-attached-tests.html

but we don't use maven-jar-plugin right?

Re: mvn test

brettporter
Administrator
Right... this seems a deciciency in the nmaven packaging plugins that
exist today. However, I believe they do create the test DLL, so you
could use the build helper plugin in the original project to attach
that to the build and have it installed for the other.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
[hidden email]
http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: mvn test

yelo_3
I think I found a bug:
with this in my pom.xml

<dependency>
   <groupId>it.unibo.deis.EsameIS</groupId>
   <artifactId>MyLib</artifactId>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <classifier>test</classifier>
   <scope>test</scope>
   <type>dotnet:library</type>
</dependency>

the compiler compiles well the code, but can't execute the test
because in the directory test-assemblies there's no file
MyLib-1.0-test.dll

the thing that happens is that I find MyLib-1.0.dll instead of the
test library! In the project there are no other MyLib deps