mvn install:install

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky
I it possible to force maven to generate POM files every time when command

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=somegroup -DartifactId=someartifact -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=./package.jar

Right now maven tries to dowload POM every time when JAR file is used for
compilation etc.
--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: mvn install:install

Kieran Brady-2
You need another parameter:

mvn
install:install-file -DgroupId=somegroup -DartifactId=someartifact -Dversion=1.0
 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=./package.jar -DgeneratePom=true

>I it possible to force maven to generate POM files every time when command
>
> mvn
> install:install-file -DgroupId=somegroup -DartifactId=someartifact -Dversion=1.0
>  -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=./package.jar
>
> Right now maven tries to dowload POM every time when JAR file is used for
> compilation etc.
> --
> Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: mvn install:install

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky
On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:59:10PM +0100, Kieran Brady wrote:
> You need another parameter:
>
> mvn
> install:install-file -DgroupId=somegroup -DartifactId=someartifact
> -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=./package.jar -DgeneratePom=true

Really. Thanks!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: mvn install:install

Clifton Craig-3
On Friday 02 June 2006 7:59 am, Kieran Brady wrote:
> You need another parameter:
>
> mvn
> install:install-file -DgroupId=somegroup -DartifactId=someartifact
> -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=./package.jar -DgeneratePom=true

That's a new one on me too! I just learned and used this command for the first
time yesterday afternoon and I did note the missing POM but thought nothing
of it. Thanx a heap!

Re: mvn install:install

Kieran Brady-2
No probs. It would be nice if it was true by default IMO, all that typing is
error prone.

It was introduced in version 2.1 of the install plugin:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINSTALL-6