mvn encrypted password and maven plugin properties

mvn encrypted password and maven plugin properties

Volker Hochstein
Hi,

I ve configured plugin property jirapassword of maven plugin:
https://github.com/tomasbjerre/git-changelog-maven-plugin
with an encrypted password (using mvn encrypt).

It s working in same project for other plugins, eg sonar maven plugin.

However, git-changelog-maven-plugin is not able to successfully
authorize with my jira system.
If I use a cleartext password it s working without any issue.

My question would be:

Does a maven plugin need to add extra code to "decrypt" properties or is
that managed transparently for maven centrally ?

Thanks a lot for your support in advance.

--
Volker

Re: mvn encrypted password and maven plugin properties

Benjamin Marwell-2
Hi Volker,

the issue you opened at github is correct [2].

The plugin actually needs to retrieve the password from the settings, like
the wagon plugin does [1].

HTH with your upstream issue.

  [1]:
https://github.com/mojohaus/wagon-maven-plugin/blob/5701bacc30828fee63c54a33536e5054ea453fc3/src/main/java/org/codehaus/mojo/wagon/shared/DefaultWagonFactory.java#L91-L118