multiproject:site not generating sites for subprojects.

multiproject:site not generating sites for subprojects.

Gaurav Khushwaha
I know the subprojects are being picked up in the navigation since

maven multiproject:goal -Dgoal=jar

works properly from the same location.

Even

maven multiproject:goal= -Dgoal=site

builds the sites for the subprojects. Offcourse it doesnt aggregate them though.
These are the 2 properties that I have changed from the default multiproject setup.

maven.multiproject.includes=**/project.xml
maven.multiproject.navigation=independent

Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Gaurav.

Re: multiproject:site not generating sites for subprojects.

Brett Porter
When you use independant, multiproject:site only generates the top level, so:
maven multiproject:goal -Dgoal=site multiproject:site
is appropriate.

multiproject:site generates all on its own if you use the default navigation.

- Brett

On 5/21/05, Gaurav Khushwaha <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know the subprojects are being picked up in the navigation since
>
> maven multiproject:goal -Dgoal=jar
>
> works properly from the same location.
>
> Even
>
> maven multiproject:goal= -Dgoal=site
>
> builds the sites for the subprojects. Offcourse it doesnt aggregate them though.
> These are the 2 properties that I have changed from the default multiproject setup.
>
> maven.multiproject.includes=**/project.xml
> maven.multiproject.navigation=independent
>
> Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Gaurav.

RE: multiproject:site not generating sites for subprojects.

Gaurav Khushwaha
Thanks brett. it helped. But even if it doesn't generate the sites for the subproject, the generated top level site should have the list(properly linked) of the subprojects. I dont get that list with navigation=independent.

Excerpt from the multiproject-plugin site:

 If the property is set to independent a navigation menu is generated with each project's name linking to the project's URL, as specified in that project's descriptor, project.xml.

Regards,
Gaurav.