multiproject and navigation.xml

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

multiproject and navigation.xml

Michael Niemaz
Hi all,
    When building a site's documentation using multiproject goal, I
found out that it is not possible to play with the xdocs navigation xml
file in order to add specific menus without interfering with the
generation of the multiproject navbar.
In other words, if you want your root project to display the list of
your sub-project, do not add navigation.xml in your xdocs directory.
Is there a workaround for this? Maybe using the userNav templates? any
help would be appreciated.

--mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: multiproject and navigation.xml

Arnaud Héritier
You can create a dynamic navigation, using a template like it's done here :

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/pdf/src/plugin-test/xdocs/navigation.xml?rev=158842&view=markup


Arnaud
 

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Michael Niemaz [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Envoyé : mercredi 8 juin 2005 11:51
> À : Maven Users List
> Objet : multiproject and navigation.xml
>
> Hi all,
>     When building a site's documentation using multiproject
> goal, I found out that it is not possible to play with the
> xdocs navigation xml file in order to add specific menus
> without interfering with the generation of the multiproject navbar.
> In other words, if you want your root project to display the
> list of your sub-project, do not add navigation.xml in your
> xdocs directory.
> Is there a workaround for this? Maybe using the userNav
> templates? any help would be appreciated.
>
> --mike
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: multiproject and navigation.xml

Michael Niemaz
Thanx very much Arnaud indeed!
I did manage some dirty hacks but I really prefer this solution ;-)

Juste one more question: I have sub projects and sub-sub projects,
In order to build them all I found out that I needed to run twice the
multiproject:site goal. First on the sub-subs using the includes
parameter and then on the default target such as:
        <j:set var="maven.multiproject.includes"
value="smartdocument.services/project.xml" />
        <j:set var="goal" value="multiproject:site" />
        <attainGoal name="multiproject:goal" />
       
        <attainGoal name="multiproject:site" />

It produces exactly what I want :
    TOP  
       SUB1
       SUB2
          SUB21
          SUB22
          SUB23
       SUB3
BUT I wonder if it does not run some goals several times. The reason why
I'm asking this is that I had to remove the generation of some reports
to prevent what I suspect are outofmemory errors...

Any ideas?

--mike

Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

>You can create a dynamic navigation, using a template like it's done here :
>
>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/pdf/src/plugin-test/xdocs/navigation.xml?rev=158842&view=markup
>
>
>Arnaud
>
>
>  
>
>>-----Message d'origine-----
>>De : Michael Niemaz [mailto:[hidden email]]
>>Envoy? : mercredi 8 juin 2005 11:51
>>? : Maven Users List
>>Objet : multiproject and navigation.xml
>>
>>Hi all,
>>    When building a site's documentation using multiproject
>>goal, I found out that it is not possible to play with the
>>xdocs navigation xml file in order to add specific menus
>>without interfering with the generation of the multiproject navbar.
>>In other words, if you want your root project to display the
>>list of your sub-project, do not add navigation.xml in your
>>xdocs directory.
>>Is there a workaround for this? Maybe using the userNav
>>templates? any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>--mike
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>  
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: multiproject and navigation.xml

Michael Niemaz
Actually the includes line can be removed.

--mike

Michael Niemaz wrote:

> Thanx very much Arnaud indeed!
> I did manage some dirty hacks but I really prefer this solution ;-)
>
> Juste one more question: I have sub projects and sub-sub projects,
> In order to build them all I found out that I needed to run twice the
> multiproject:site goal. First on the sub-subs using the includes
> parameter and then on the default target such as:
>        <j:set var="maven.multiproject.includes"
> value="smartdocument.services/project.xml" />
>        <j:set var="goal" value="multiproject:site" />
>        <attainGoal name="multiproject:goal" />
>              <attainGoal name="multiproject:site" />
>
> It produces exactly what I want :
>    TOP        SUB1
>       SUB2
>          SUB21
>          SUB22
>          SUB23
>       SUB3
> BUT I wonder if it does not run some goals several times. The reason
> why I'm asking this is that I had to remove the generation of some
> reports to prevent what I suspect are outofmemory errors...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --mike
>
> Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
>
>> You can create a dynamic navigation, using a template like it's done
>> here :
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/pdf/src/plugin-test/xdocs/navigation.xml?rev=158842&view=markup 
>>
>>
>>
>> Arnaud
>>
>>
>>  
>>
>>> -----Message d'origine-----
>>> De : Michael Niemaz [mailto:[hidden email]] Envoy? :
>>> mercredi 8 juin 2005 11:51
>>> ? : Maven Users List
>>> Objet : multiproject and navigation.xml
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>    When building a site's documentation using multiproject goal, I
>>> found out that it is not possible to play with the xdocs navigation
>>> xml file in order to add specific menus without interfering with the
>>> generation of the multiproject navbar.
>>> In other words, if you want your root project to display the list of
>>> your sub-project, do not add navigation.xml in your xdocs directory.
>>> Is there a workaround for this? Maybe using the userNav templates?
>>> any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> --mike
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>  
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>>  
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]