multiple <extend> make sense

Jens Zastrow
we want to put the dependencies of our framework ABC into files like ABC-${version}.dependency.

[project.properties]

ABC.version=1.2.4

[project.xml]

<extend>ABC-${ABC.version}.dependency</extend>

the advantage is the possibility to switch between different versions of ABC by just changing the ABC.version property.

At the moment you have to copy/paste their deps into the project.xml, because M1 doesn't support resolving "deep" dependencies.

Maybe it would be possible to include the "multiple-extend" feature in M1.1 ?!

Regards

Jens Zastrow

DAI-Labor - Technische Universität Berlin

Sekretariat GOR 1-1, Franklinstraße 28/29, 10587 Berlin

Fon: +49 30 314 77777

Fax: +49 30 314 21799

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

http://www.dai-labor.de

Re: multiple <extend> make sense

Brett Porter
This was proposed some time ago, multiple inheritence will not be
introduced as an alternative for transitive dependencies. More
information should be available in the archives and jira.

- Brett