migrating Nexus repositories

Max Spring
For migrating a Nexus hosted repository to another repository manager,
would you advise to make use of the Nexus REST API,
or to operate on the hosted repositories file system storage,
to identify all artifacts?
Thanks!
-Max

AW: [nexus-user] migrating Nexus repositories

Frank Mueller
Personally i would prefer to use the filesystem because I am sure that the use of the api is slower because of heavy serialization and other overhead.

That is something I really like in Nexus. You have maven compatible folder structure. Maybe your new Repo manager uses something similar. Then you might be able to copy the files and recreate indizes.

I think it would be the best to ask this kind of question in the mailing list of your new repo manager (or the support if you use a commercial product).

best regards

FRANK MUELLER