merging MNG-6115-2 branch to master

Hervé BOUTEMY
there has been some discussion about the way to solve temp file creation for
native libs used by JAnsi
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6115

Is it ok to merge MNG-6115-2 branch with this commit
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/commit/c36cf425
to master?

Re: merging MNG-6115-2 branch to master

stephenconnolly
+1 from me.

Obviously would be better if upstream was fixed that we didn't need the
copy&paste but pragmatism says this is the fix for 3.5.0

Extra brownie points for raising the issue upstream and fencing the
additions with comments to say "TODO rework/remove when jansi fixes XYZ-123"

On Sat 11 Mar 2017 at 14:48, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> there has been some discussion about the way to solve temp file creation
> for
> native libs used by JAnsi
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6115
>
> Is it ok to merge MNG-6115-2 branch with this commit
> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/commit/c36cf425
> to master?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Sent from my phone

Re: merging MNG-6115-2 branch to master

Robert Scholte-8
+1

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 16:05:18 +0100, Stephen Connolly
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 from me.
>
> Obviously would be better if upstream was fixed that we didn't need the
> copy&paste but pragmatism says this is the fix for 3.5.0
>
> Extra brownie points for raising the issue upstream and fencing the
> additions with comments to say "TODO rework/remove when jansi fixes
> XYZ-123"
>
> On Sat 11 Mar 2017 at 14:48, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> there has been some discussion about the way to solve temp file creation
>> for
>> native libs used by JAnsi
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6115
>>
>> Is it ok to merge MNG-6115-2 branch with this commit
>> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/commit/c36cf425
>> to master?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé

Re: merging MNG-6115-2 branch to master

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3

+1 from me..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz

Le samedi 11 mars 2017, 15:05:18 CET Stephen Connolly a écrit :
> +1 from me.
>
> Obviously would be better if upstream was fixed that we didn't need the
> copy&paste but pragmatism says this is the fix for 3.5.0
>
> Extra brownie points for raising the issue upstream and fencing the
> additions with comments to say "TODO rework/remove when jansi fixes XYZ-123"
I'm trying to work with HawtJNI project to improve the lib: beginning with
simpler issues before digging into this more complex update of the lib.
But showing the integration of native libs done with this banch to HawtJNI
people should help them understand the idea to have the direct feature in
HawtJNI: it's a question of chicken and egg :)

> On Sat 11 Mar 2017 at 14:48, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > there has been some discussion about the way to solve temp file creation
> > for
> > native libs used by JAnsi
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6115
> >
> > Is it ok to merge MNG-6115-2 branch with this commit
> > http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/commit/c36cf425
> > to master?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé