maven surefire report does not pick up message published by JUnit5-TestReporter

maven surefire report does not pick up message published by JUnit5-TestReporter

Knoche, Heinz
I uploaded this simple project to illustrate the subject:
https://github.com/gabalawi/junit5-testreporter

Maybe someone could help me with clarifying
- if there is a bug or lacking feature in the surefire plugin
- or if I did not properly configure the surefire plugin
- or if it is up to another plugin (maven-reporting?) to pick up the TestReporter's publications
- or if I have some misunderstanding about the TestReporter intentions usage at all

Thank you very much in advance, kind regards,
Heinz

--

Heinz Knoche
Consultant

www.secunet.com<http://www.secunet.com>

Re: maven surefire report does not pick up message published by JUnit5-TestReporter

Tibor Digana
The TestReporter is not supported yet.
Currently, in M5, we are fixing the process communication via pipes and TCP.
Then we will work on this issue in M6 as well.

Meanwhile please use SLF4J logger or another one.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 8:45 AM Knoche, Heinz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I uploaded this simple project to illustrate the subject:
> https://github.com/gabalawi/junit5-testreporter
>
> Maybe someone could help me with clarifying
> - if there is a bug or lacking feature in the surefire plugin
> - or if I did not properly configure the surefire plugin
> - or if it is up to another plugin (maven-reporting?) to pick up the
> TestReporter's publications
> - or if I have some misunderstanding about the TestReporter intentions
> usage at all
>
> Thank you very much in advance, kind regards,
> Heinz
>

> --
>
> Heinz Knoche
> Consultant
> Development
> Public Authorities Web & Application Security
> secunet Security Networks AG
>

> www.secunet.com<http://www.secunet.com>

Re: maven surefire report does not pick up message published by JUnit5-TestReporter

Knoche, Heinz
Hello Tibor,

thanks a lot for clarifying this issue. Regards,

Heinz