maven-site-plugin java8

olamy
Hi
Any objections for this PR
https://github.com/apache/maven-site-plugin/pull/21 ?
I prefer to ask rather than seeing my commit reverted

cheers
Olivier Lamy

Re: maven-site-plugin java8

olamy
Hervé,

On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 17:06, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> instead of continuing discussion here and there about Maven and Java
> prerequisites, I started to describe our past plan to work on defining our
> future plan:
> https://maven.apache.org/developers/compatibility-plan.html

I do not discuss anything. I just ask for review/approval or not of a PR
that's it.
If you guys have different views... fair enough...
Just approve or not approve the PR and voila.
I don't want to have same discussions again and again as in the past.

> Don't hesitate to contribute
>
> on the future upgrade of prerequisites, one useful documentation for users
> requiring to stay on earlier Java releases will be IMHO to not only put
> current Java Version prerequisite but also the last release requiring
> previous
> Java versions.
>
> For example on plugin or components
>   https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/summary.html
> adding an additional section telling the last release compatible with Java
> 7,
> 6 or even 5: that should not be much documentation to add, and very useful
> ease the current hard research anybody has to do when the last release of
> component has a Java prerequisite that does not match your own
> expectations
> (without judging the expectations validity of component provider nor
> consumer)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mardi 19 mai 2020, 07:45:27 CEST Olivier Lamy a écrit :
> > Hi
> > Any objections for this PR
> > https://github.com/apache/maven-site-plugin/pull/21 ?
> > I prefer to ask rather than seeing my commit reverted
> >
> > cheers

Olivier Lamy