maven plugin testing harness

Андрей Родионов
Hi all,

I’m trying to run simple test using maven-plugin-testing-harness (3.3.0). But it looks like plugin doesn’t support maven 3 (3.2.2) ( it uses old plexus container and doesn’t support new eclipse sisu).

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(Lorg/codehaus/plexus/ContainerConfiguration;[Lcom/google/inject/Module;)V
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.setupContainer(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:243)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.getContainer(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:277)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.setUp(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:118)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.MojoRule$2.evaluate(MojoRule.java:304)
       ….. some junit stack

Does anyone know the best way to test maven plugins? maven-plugin-testing-harness seems abandoned and most of the links on http://maven.apache.org/plugin-testing/maven-plugin-testing-harness/project-info.html are broken. (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGINTESTING , https://github.com/apache/maven-plugin-testing/maven-plugin-testing-harness/ )

Best Regards,
Andrey

Re: maven plugin testing harness

Francois MAROT
I'm no expert at all, but just to let you know: last time I tried the test
harness plugin, I also gave up... :(
I think some advocate to use the maven-invoker-plugin to test in real
conditions with much less dependency problems. You can have a look there:
https://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/plugin-testing.html#maven-invoker-plugin

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

Re: maven plugin testing harness

stephenconnolly
I recommend that you use invoker for testing plugins.