maven-failsafe-plugin and JPMS module

Alex Sviridov
Hi all,

Could anyone of maven-failsafe-plugin give answers to the following short questions:

1) Does maven-failsafe-plugin support module path and testing JPMS modules?
2) When the plugin is used for testing a JPMS module are integration tests executed from another JPMS module? For example pax-exam (for OSGi) creates another temp bundle.
3) Is there an example which shows how to use the plugin for integration testing of JPMS module?

I would be helpful for any help.

Best regards, Alex Sviridov

Re: maven-failsafe-plugin and JPMS module

John Patrick
surefire and failsafe plugins appear to work the same

I've had to use the 2.22.0 versions

I defined my plugin in a pluginManagement section and had to add this
<configuration>
<argLine>${project.custom.failsafe.argLine.jpms}</argLine>
</configuration>

then in each project I add properties as required like this for
surefire or failsafe depending what they need;
--add-opens ${project.Automatic-Module-Name}/${project.Automatic-Module-Name}.tests=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens ${project.Automatic-Module-Name}/${project.Automatic-Module-Name}.transform=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens ${project.Automatic-Module-Name}/${project.Automatic-Module-Name}.transform.transformations=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens ${project.Automatic-Module-Name}/${project.Automatic-Module-Name}.testing=com.fasterxml.jackson.databind

project.Automatic-Module-Name is a property in the same pom which
defines it's module name

fyi I'm still trying to get a few differently things working and their
might be other ways of getting it work, but i'm in a multi project
setup and I'm also trying to get the project to work in Java 8, 9, 10
as main development is Java 8 but want to get everything working on
the new releases without denting releases into live.

not sure about OSGi

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 at 12:17, Alex Sviridov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone of maven-failsafe-plugin give answers to the following short questions:
>
> 1) Does maven-failsafe-plugin support module path and testing JPMS modules?
> 2) When the plugin is used for testing a JPMS module are integration tests executed from another JPMS module? For example pax-exam (for OSGi) creates another temp bundle.
> 3) Is there an example which shows how to use the plugin for integration testing of JPMS module?
>
> I would be helpful for any help.
>
> Best regards, Alex Sviridov

Re[2]: maven-failsafe-plugin and JPMS module

Alex Sviridov
Hi,

It seems to be, that surefire and failsafe currently don't work the same. Because surefire puts jpms modules on module path, but failsafe doesn't. See my issue here   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1570

--
Alex Sviridov