Quantcast

maven dependency plugin exclude test dependencies

maven dependency plugin exclude test dependencies

Erwin Mueller
Hello,

        Can I exclude test dependencies in the maven-dependency-plugin? I'm
using this plugin to copy all dependencies to a specific directory so the
izpack plugin can package them into an installation application. However, it
seems the dependency plugin is also copying the test dependencies of the
project, like junit, fest-swing-junit, etc. I like to exclude them without to
specify each dependency explicit in the excludeGroupIds tag.

Thank you, Erwin.
--
Erwin Mueller, [hidden email]
http://www.global-scaling-institute.de/

Re: maven dependency plugin exclude test dependencies

stephenconnolly
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/copy-dependencies-mojo.html#excludeTransitive

On 14 December 2010 01:35, Erwin Mueller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>        Can I exclude test dependencies in the maven-dependency-plugin? I'm
> using this plugin to copy all dependencies to a specific directory so the
> izpack plugin can package them into an installation application. However, it
> seems the dependency plugin is also copying the test dependencies of the
> project, like junit, fest-swing-junit, etc. I like to exclude them without to
> specify each dependency explicit in the excludeGroupIds tag.
>
> Thank you, Erwin.
> --
> Erwin Mueller, [hidden email]
> http://www.global-scaling-institute.de/

Re: maven dependency plugin exclude test dependencies

Erwin Mueller
Hallo,

        I did know about this but it's not what I want. I want to exclude all
dependencies in the test scope. I don't want to exclude transitive
dependencies.

        But you pointed me in the documentation which I overlooked. I need
excludeScope. Thank you.