[maven-assembly-plugin] tries to find tools.jar which does not exist in adoptopenjdk-11

[maven-assembly-plugin] tries to find tools.jar which does not exist in adoptopenjdk-11

Knoche, Heinz
Hello,

I am wondering if someone could give me a hint regarding the following error when building a maven project (Maven 3.6.1, adoptopenjdk 11.0.6)
"Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:2.0.5 at specified path /usr/lib/jvm/adoptopenjdk-11-hotspot-amd64/../lib/tools.jar"

It seems to arise from the "single"-goal of the maven-assembly-plugin.
I know that there is no tools.jar in Java 11 JDKs in general any more.

I tried versions 3.0.0, 3.2.0 and 3.3.0 of maven-assembly-plugin, which yield the above error.
I also tried Version 2.6 which does not yield the above error.

Thank you very much in advance, kind regards,
Heinz

--
Heinz Knoche
Consultant

+49 201 5454-3933
+49 1512 4169541

Konrad-Zuse-Platz 2
81829 Munich, Germany

Sitz: Kurf├╝rstenstra├če 58, 45138 Essen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 13615
Vorstand: Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Vors.), Thomas Pleines
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Ralf Wintergerst