maven-assembly-plugin after plexus-archiver 4.2.0 is released; implement user/group override for archives

maven-assembly-plugin after plexus-archiver 4.2.0 is released; implement user/group override for archives

Václav Haisman
Hi.

I have noticed that Plexus Archiver 4.2.0 in SNAPSHOT version has grown
methods like `org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.Archiver#setOverrideUid`. It
seems that after it is released it should be possible implement Maven
Assembly Plugin extension that would allow to use these methods to set,
e.g., TAR archive owner/group entries to some reasonable value even on
Windows.

Is anyone already working on this?

--
VH

Re: maven-assembly-plugin after plexus-archiver 4.2.0 is released; implement user/group override for archives

On 28.09.19 19:49, Václav Haisman wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have noticed that Plexus Archiver 4.2.0 in SNAPSHOT version has grown
> methods like `org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.Archiver#setOverrideUid`. It
> seems that after it is released it should be possible implement Maven
> Assembly Plugin extension that would allow to use these methods to set,
> e.g., TAR archive owner/group entries to some reasonable value even on
> Windows.
>
> Is anyone already working on this?

Does exist an JIRA issue for that?

If not why not creating one?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: maven-assembly-plugin after plexus-archiver 4.2.0 is released; implement user/group override for archives

Hervé BOUTEMY
I'm working on that, to do (binary) Reproducible Builds with Maven:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74682318

There is a plexus-archiver GitHub issue
https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-archiver/pull/124

Currently, on maven-assembly-plugin, this API will be used to set GID/UID to 0 = root when doing Reproducible Builds.
I didn't work on opening these values as plugin parameter.