Quantcast

maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

Dan Tran
Hi,

I am very sure maven-artifact-transfer is not the issue.

The real issue is MavenSession.ProjectBuildingRequest.RemoteRepositories,
needed by maven-artifact-transfer, has snapshot resolution disable

For my case, I am using maven setting's mirror to route all pom's
repositories to my internal maven repository.

This also means I have only one remoteRepository with this content from my
debugger

      id: xxx
      url: http://my.internal.repo/public
   layout: default
snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]
 releases: [enabled => true, update => daily]

What could have caused this?

I  am seeing this issue on all maven 3.1+

Thanks

-Dan

Re: maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Dan,

On 03/04/17 07:54, Dan Tran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am very sure maven-artifact-transfer is not the issue.
>
> The real issue is MavenSession.ProjectBuildingRequest.RemoteRepositories,
> needed by maven-artifact-transfer, has snapshot resolution disable
>

> For my case, I am using maven setting's mirror to route all pom's
> repositories to my internal maven repository.
>
> This also means I have only one remoteRepository with this content from my
> debugger
>
>       id: xxx
>       url: http://my.internal.repo/public
>    layout: default
> snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]

I'm not sure but maybe this is the problem ?

not enabled to allow having snapshots ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz

>  releases: [enabled => true, update => daily]
>
> What could have caused this?
>
> I  am seeing this issue on all maven 3.1+
>
> Thanks
>
> -Dan

Re: maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

Dan Tran
yes  snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]   is the problem.

I ended up to hack by enable it before pass over to maven-artifact-transfer

The question here why it  is disabled at the first place

Thanks

-Dan

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 11:38 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On 03/04/17 07:54, Dan Tran wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am very sure maven-artifact-transfer is not the issue.
>>
>> The real issue is MavenSession.ProjectBuildingRequest.RemoteRepositories,
>> needed by maven-artifact-transfer, has snapshot resolution disable
>>

>> For my case, I am using maven setting's mirror to route all pom's
>> repositories to my internal maven repository.
>>
>> This also means I have only one remoteRepository with this content from my
>> debugger
>>
>>       id: xxx
>>       url: http://my.internal.repo/public
>>    layout: default
>> snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]
>>

> I'm not sure but maybe this is the problem ?
>
> not enabled to allow having snapshots ?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz
>

>  releases: [enabled => true, update => daily]
>>
>> What could have caused this?
>>
>> I  am seeing this issue on all maven 3.1+
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -Dan

Re: maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

Robert Scholte-6
Hi Dan,

can you create an Jira ticket? I agree that it is very unlikely that
maven-artifact-transfer causes this, it's either Maven Core or maybe Maven
Artifact Resolver (fka Aether)

Robert

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 08:57:35 +0200, Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes  snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]   is the problem.
>
> I ended up to hack by enable it before pass over to
> maven-artifact-transfer
>
> The question here why it  is disabled at the first place
>
> Thanks
>
> -Dan
>
> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 11:38 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> On 03/04/17 07:54, Dan Tran wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am very sure maven-artifact-transfer is not the issue.
>>>
>>> The real issue is
>>> MavenSession.ProjectBuildingRequest.RemoteRepositories,
>>> needed by maven-artifact-transfer, has snapshot resolution disable
>>>

>>> For my case, I am using maven setting's mirror to route all pom's
>>> repositories to my internal maven repository.
>>>
>>> This also means I have only one remoteRepository with this content
>>> from my
>>> debugger
>>>
>>>       id: xxx
>>>       url: http://my.internal.repo/public
>>>    layout: default
>>> snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]
>>>

>> I'm not sure but maybe this is the problem ?
>>
>> not enabled to allow having snapshots ?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz
>>

>>  releases: [enabled => true, update => daily]
>>>
>>> What could have caused this?
>>>
>>> I  am seeing this issue on all maven 3.1+
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> -Dan

Re: maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

Eric B
Dan,

It's this the same type of problem that I am encountering here:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/43220923/827480 ?

For me I'm not sure of the genesis of the problem, but I suspect it is
something to do with maven not having a default snapshot repo to retrieve
artifacts.  But I don't know if you are seeing the same behaviour or if my
issue is at all related to your question.

Thanks

Eric

-Dan

Re: maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

Dan Tran
Eric,

looks like we are on the boat.  I will file a Jira ticket

Thanks

-Dan

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Eric B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> It's this the same type of problem that I am encountering here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/q/43220923/827480 ?
>
> For me I'm not sure of the genesis of the problem, but I suspect it is
> something to do with maven not having a default snapshot repo to retrieve
> artifacts.  But I don't know if you are seeing the same behaviour or if my
> issue is at all related to your question.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric
>

> On Apr 3, 2017 1:55 AM, "Dan Tran" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am very sure maven-artifact-transfer is not the issue.
>
> The real issue is MavenSession.ProjectBuildingRequest.RemoteRepositories,
> needed by maven-artifact-transfer, has snapshot resolution disable
>

> For my case, I am using maven setting's mirror to route all pom's
> repositories to my internal maven repository.
>
> This also means I have only one remoteRepository with this content from my
> debugger
>
>       id: xxx
>       url: http://my.internal.repo/public
>    layout: default
> snapshots: [enabled => false, update => daily]
>  releases: [enabled => true, update => daily]
>
> What could have caused this?
>
> I  am seeing this issue on all maven 3.1+
>
> Thanks
>
> -Dan

Re: maven-artifact-transfer not able to resolve SNAPSHOT artifact

Dan Tran
Here you go.   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6214

Thanks