maven-apache-parent 22 ETA?

Christopher
Hi,

In spite of the specific title, I actually have several questions
(note, I'm not currently subscribed to list, so feel free to CC me
directly on any responses):

1. What's the timeline for the maven-apache-parent 22? It seems a bit
overdue, especially given all the plugins that have been updated since
21 was released.

I'm hoping https://github.com/apache/maven-apache-parent/pull/1 gets
merged in. Can somebody merge that before 22 is released? Two people
reviewed and approved it 10 months ago.

2. I had another idea for adding something like the following to
satisfy the use case for cross-compilation using newer JDKs without
specifying `-bootstrapclasspath`. Would this be worth a pull request
(or a committer could just add it if they think it's a good idea).

    <properties>
      <compilerCompliance>8</compilerCompliance>
    </properties>
    <profile>
      <id>jdk-release-flag</id>
      <activation>
        <jdk>[9,)</jdk>
      </activation>
      <properties>
        <maven.compiler.release>${compilerCompliance}</maven.compiler.release>
      </properties>
    </profile>

3. And finally... I noticed that JDK 11's javadoc is not getting the
backports of the JDK 12 upstream patches... even though 11 is supposed
to be an LTS version. This causes javadocs generated with
maven-javadoc-plugin to be broken for projects which aren't using
modules. Specifically, the following bug appears to not be patched in
11 that affect all users of maven-javadoc-plugin. Some plugin goals
output (such as javadoc:aggregate) can be patched after building, but
others (javadoc:jar) can't easily be patched, because the broken
javadoc jar would have to be disassembled to patch and reconstructed.
Is there a workaround for these planned by the maven-javadoc-plugin
developers, or is the hope that upstream will fix it eventually?

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8215291 (severe loss of
functionality when building non-modular code... which is most java
code today... using JDK 11)

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8227487 (a minor regression
also not patched in 11)
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8214856 (another bug, not
sure how serious, also not patched in 11)

Thanks,

Christopher

Re: maven-apache-parent 22 ETA?

Christopher
Hi Maven devs,

I just wanted to circle back to this. Is the ASF parent POM still
being maintained by the Maven community? And regarding my other
questions, I never got a response. Thanks for any response you can
give.