maven-antrun-plugin

Shivaji Thanneeru
Hi,
MANTRUN-221 resolves a bug introduced by MANTRUN-178, where it incorrectly
assumes that mavenProject.getProperties() will contain all properties
present in the session.  The PR is merged to master after it is approved.
Please release the new version of maven-antrun-plugin as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Shivaji Thanneeru
610-314-9159

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Enrico Olivelli
Shivaji,
Unfortunately I don't have time these days, I hope any other committer can
volunteer

If no one volunteers I can pick this up, but in January

Enrico

Il ven 20 dic 2019, 17:12 Shivaji Thanneeru <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hi,
> MANTRUN-221 resolves a bug introduced by MANTRUN-178, where it incorrectly
> assumes that mavenProject.getProperties() will contain all properties
> present in the session.  The PR is merged to master after it is approved.
> Please release the new version of maven-antrun-plugin as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shivaji Thanneeru
> 610-314-9159

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Shivaji Thanneeru
Ok, no problem.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 11:44 AM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Shivaji,
> Unfortunately I don't have time these days, I hope any other committer can
> volunteer
>
> If no one volunteers I can pick this up, but in January
>
> Enrico
>
> Il ven 20 dic 2019, 17:12 Shivaji Thanneeru <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>> MANTRUN-221 resolves a bug introduced by MANTRUN-178, where it incorrectly
>> assumes that mavenProject.getProperties() will contain all properties
>> present in the session.  The PR is merged to master after it is
>> approved.
>> Please release the new version of maven-antrun-plugin as soon as possible.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Shivaji Thanneeru
>> 610-314-9159
>>
>> --
Thanks,

Shivaji Thanneeru
610-314-9159

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Eric Lilja
  Thanks for doing this, Enrico! It would be absolutely lovely to see the
plugin uplifted to Maven 3 requirement, as the other plugins have, along
with other parent/dependency updates, as you mentioned. Also hoping to see
ant itself bumped to 1.10.7!

Thanks again!

- Eric L

On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 2:25 PM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Shivaji
> Sorry for late reply.
> I have some troubles with my local env.
>
> I will start working on it as soon as possible.
>
> We have to check:
> - pending blocker  tickets in JIRA
> - pending pull requests
> - upgrading dependencies and parent poms
> - build ok on builds.apache.org
>
> Then we are good to go.
> Personally I am not familiar with this plugin but if the build is already
> stable and we do not have showstoppers the release procedure is quite
> straightforward
>
> Please help me with the checklist above
> I hope we can cut a release within a couple of week.
>
> And other help is very appreciated
> If any other committer that is used to use and work with this plugin wants
> to pick this release up then it is worth to think about driving the release
>
> Cheers
>
> Il Gio 27 Feb 2020, 21:57 Shivaji Thanneeru <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Enrico Olivelli
> >
> > Can you please release new version of maven-antrun plugin?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Shivaji Thanneeru
> > 610-314-9159
> >

> > On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 11:45 AM Shivaji Thanneeru <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, no problem.

> [hidden email]>

> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Shivaji Thanneeru
> >> 610-314-9159

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Eric Lilja
Oh, so ant has already been bumped to 1.9.14 (released March 2019), which
is the highest version of Ant not requiring java 8?

- Eric L

On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 3:35 PM Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Deps look good except for org.apache.ant which is as high as it can go
> without requiring Java 8.
>
> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Enrico Olivelli
Il Dom 1 Mar 2020, 16:04 Eric Lilja <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Oh, so ant has already been bumped to 1.9.14 (released March 2019), which
> is the highest version of Ant not requiring java 8?

For other plugins, like checkstyle, we are following the main dependency,
so if ant moved to java8 I am fine with moving to java 8 this plugin as well

Do you have a strong reason for keeping java7?

Enrico

> - Eric L
>
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 3:35 PM Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Deps look good except for org.apache.ant which is as high as it can go
> > without requiring Java 8.
> >
> > --
> > Elliotte Rusty Harold
> > [hidden email]

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Enrico Olivelli
Il Dom 1 Mar 2020, 16:22 Eric Lilja <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> No no, not at all, if you see my first reply in this thread,

Sorry I forgot, too much time passed :)

Enrico

I am

> personally in favor of moving to latest Ant for this plugin, even if it
> requires Java 8!
>
> - Eric L
>
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 4:19 PM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Il Dom 1 Mar 2020, 16:04 Eric Lilja <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > > Oh, so ant has already been bumped to 1.9.14 (released March 2019),
> which
> > > is the highest version of Ant not requiring java 8?
> > >

> > For other plugins, like checkstyle, we are following the main dependency,
> > so if ant moved to java8 I am fine with moving to java 8 this plugin as
> > well
> >
> > Do you have a strong reason for keeping java7?
> >
> > Enrico
> >

> > > - Eric L
> > >
> > > On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 3:35 PM Elliotte Rusty Harold <
> [hidden email]

> go

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Eric Lilja
On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 4:29 PM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry I forgot, too much time passed :)

No worries, Enrico! Thanks again for this initiative, we appreciate it to a
grea degree!

By the way, I checked the summary of maven-ant-plugin on Jira [1] and
happened to notice that it was marked as not being maintained, in June last
year. Considering the plans in this thread, that statement should be
removed from the Jira page, I suppose, and some of the Jiras that were
closed at around the same time should possibly be re-opened.

- Eric L

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MANT/summary

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Eric Lilja
Hi!

Any update on this? At least, in Jira, I cannot see any activity regarding
issues.

- Eric L