maven-2 sources

Igor Deruga
Dear members!

How do I get maven-2.0 sources?
Full cvs command is appreciated.

Sincerely
Igor Deruga

P.S.: I am also interested in plugin sources.

Re: maven-2 sources

Brett Porter
it's subversion:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk

Regards,
Brett

On 5/16/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear members!
>
> How do I get maven-2.0 sources?
> Full cvs command is appreciated.
>
> Sincerely
> Igor Deruga
>
> P.S.: I am also interested in plugin sources.

Re: maven-2 sources

Igor Deruga
Hello, Brett!

This is the output of your command:

i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://svn.apache.org)
i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn>
I'm afraid that there is no "repos" directory at http://svn.apache.org.
And I managed to find only the maven-1 sources at apache website. Any
other ideas? Maybe I should take some preliminary steps in order to make
svn work?

Sincerely
Igor Deruga.

Brett Porter wrote:

> it's subversion:
>
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
>
> Regards,
> Brett

RE: maven-2 sources

Stéphane Nicoll
Brett,

I didn't found this information on the web site. Maybe it would be a good idea to add it somewhere?

Cheers,
Stéphane

On 5/16/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear members!
>
> How do I get maven-2.0 sources?
> Full cvs command is appreciated.
>
> Sincerely
> Igor Deruga
>
> P.S.: I am also interested in plugin sources.

Re: maven-2 sources

Emmanuel Venisse-2
Do you are behind a proxy?

Emmanuel

Igor Deruga wrote:

> Hello, Brett!
>
> This is the output of your command:
>
> i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> svn co
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.apache.org)
> i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> I'm afraid that there is no
> "repos" directory at http://svn.apache.org. And I managed to find only
> the maven-1 sources at apache website. Any other ideas? Maybe I should
> take some preliminary steps in order to make svn work?
>
> Sincerely
> Igor Deruga.
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> it's subversion:
>>
>> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
>>
>> Regards,
>> Brett

Re: maven-2 sources

Anatol Pomozov
Seems that REPORT http method does not allowed due to your proxy.

Try this
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk

On 5/17/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, Brett!
>
> This is the output of your command:
>
> i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> svn co
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.apache.org)
> i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn>
> I'm afraid that there is no "repos" directory at http://svn.apache.org.
> And I managed to find only the maven-1 sources at apache website. Any
> other ideas? Maybe I should take some preliminary steps in order to make
> svn work?
>
> Sincerely
> Igor Deruga.
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > it's subversion:
> >
> > svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> >
> > Regards,
> > Brett
> >
> > On 5/16/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:

anatol

Re: maven-2 sources

Brett Porter
This is usually the result of some proxies not accepting certain
commands. Try HTTPS, that often works, or check out the subversion FAQ
for how to reconfigure the proxy (if you can).

- Brett

On 5/17/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, Brett!
>
> This is the output of your command:
>
> i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> svn co
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.apache.org)
> i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn>
> I'm afraid that there is no "repos" directory at http://svn.apache.org.
> And I managed to find only the maven-1 sources at apache website. Any
> other ideas? Maybe I should take some preliminary steps in order to make
> svn work?
>
> Sincerely
> Igor Deruga.
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > it's subversion:
> >
> > svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> >
> > Regards,
> > Brett

Re: maven-2 sources

Jamie Bisotti
I can see it with my browser, but I can't get to it with Subclipse?!?!?!

On 5/17/05, Emmanuel Venisse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you are behind a proxy?
>
> Emmanuel
>

> Igor Deruga wrote:
>
> > Hello, Brett!
> >
> > This is the output of your command:
> >
> > i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> svn co
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> > (http://svn.apache.org)
> > i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> I'm afraid that there is no
> > "repos" directory at http://svn.apache.org. And I managed to find only
> > the maven-1 sources at apache website. Any other ideas? Maybe I should
> > take some preliminary steps in order to make svn work?
> >
> > Sincerely
> > Igor Deruga.
> >
> > Brett Porter wrote:
> >
> >> it's subversion:
> >>
> >> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Brett
> >>
> >> On 5/16/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: maven-2 sources

Jamie Bisotti
Yep, https works just fine!

On 5/17/05, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is usually the result of some proxies not accepting certain
> commands. Try HTTPS, that often works, or check out the subversion FAQ
> for how to reconfigure the proxy (if you can).
>
> - Brett
>
> On 5/17/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello, Brett!
> >
> > This is the output of your command:
> >
> > i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn> svn co
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> > (http://svn.apache.org)
> > i_deruga@deruga:~/tmp/maven-2.0-svn>
> > I'm afraid that there is no "repos" directory at http://svn.apache.org.
> > And I managed to find only the maven-1 sources at apache website. Any
> > other ideas? Maybe I should take some preliminary steps in order to make
> > svn work?
> >
> > Sincerely
> > Igor Deruga.
> >
> > Brett Porter wrote:
> >
> > > it's subversion:
> > >
> > > svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Brett
> > >
> > > On 5/16/05, Igor Deruga <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: maven-2 sources

Igor Deruga
Hello, members!

Thanks, Brett! It was the matter of proxy. When I use https protocol, it
works fine.
Just one thing about being "Open source" project. Maven-2.0 looses one
advantage of the one if nobody can contribute due to uneasy access to
the sources. I think that you should reveal sources and make them as
accessible as possible. I'd prever an src tarball instead of svn because
it provides just the same version as I have in binaries. But is't up to
you. St?phane suggested adding info on the website - I agree, it would
be great!

And now I'm happy and satisfied. See you later when I'll have read that
bunch of code I've downloaded :D

Sincerely
Igor Deruga.