[massembly] code question

Mark Struberg-2
Hi!

Feeling a bit rusty, so I thought I better ask for a 2nd opinion.

To me it looks like the following code block is really obsolete and did not make anything useful ever since

https://github.com/apache/maven-assembly-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/assembly/archive/task/AddDependencySetsTask.java#L112

> final List<Dependency> deps = project.getDependencies();
> if ( ( deps == null ) || deps.isEmpty() )
> {
>     logger.debug( "Project " + project.getId() + " has no dependencies. Skipping dependency set addition." );
> }

'deps' is never used. And it's just a logging.
Plus all ITs plus a big custom project still fully pass if I remove the block.

Any reason not to remove it?

LieGrue,
strub