m2eclipse newbie question

kingcu
I just installed m2eclipse and was following the m2eclipse book on sonatype.com. However, none of the features described in Chapter 6: (Working with Maven Repositories) showed up for me. I have the STS ide 2.3 (based on eclipse 3.5) installed with latest m2eclipse plugin, pointed to a Maven 2.2.1 installation. Some of the features that I can't get to are:

1. Search for classes: click Navigate, then select Open Type from Maven..., section 6.2 of the book says if you type in "factorybean", you'll seem many classes with FactoryBean in their names, but when I tried, I didn't get any.

2. Browsing global repositories: when I open the Maven Indexes view, there is no entry named "Global Repositories", let alone browsing it.

Am I missing some configuration? Or is it because m2eclipse doesn't work with STS?

Re: m2eclipse newbie question

Igor Fedorenko-3
Make sure you use latest m2e 0.9.9 dev build, the book has been updated
to match 0.9.9 version some time ago. You need to enable full index
(from right-click menu in repo view) if you want to use find type from
maven functionality.

Igor

kingcu wrote:

> I just installed m2eclipse and was following the m2eclipse book on
> sonatype.com. However, none of the features described in Chapter 6: (Working
> with Maven Repositories) showed up for me. I have the STS ide 2.3 (based on
> eclipse 3.5) installed with latest m2eclipse plugin, pointed to a Maven
> 2.2.1 installation. Some of the features that I can't get to are:
>
> 1. Search for classes: click Navigate, then select Open Type from Maven...,
> section 6.2 of the book says if you type in "factorybean", you'll seem many
> classes with FactoryBean in their names, but when I tried, I didn't get any.
>
> 2. Browsing global repositories: when I open the Maven Indexes view, there
> is no entry named "Global Repositories", let alone browsing it.
>
> Am I missing some configuration? Or is it because m2eclipse doesn't work
> with STS?

Re: m2eclipse newbie question

timr
Igor Fedorenko-3 wrote
Make sure you use latest m2e 0.9.9 dev build, the book has been updated
to match 0.9.9 version some time ago. You need to enable full index
(from right-click menu in repo view) if you want to use find type from
maven functionality.

Igor

I am having the same problem, i am using STS 2.3.2 and
 org.maven.ide.eclipse, Version: 0.10.0.20100209-0800 ...

I can use the maven build facility just fine, but none of the Search type functionality is working.
I have tried using : Navigate->Open Type from Maven ..., Search class in Maven Repository [ * ], [factory*], [factorybean] and [factorybean*]
I have enabled Full Index and also done a ReIndex, still I get nothing.
Is there some configuration Item(s) that need to be set elsewhere? preferences ? I am updating the
index on startup of eclipse.

Thanks,
timr

PS: I get the following from the console on update, not sure if this will help or not. I do see
unable to update index for SpringSource ...

6/24/10 5:22:36 PM PDT: Updating index jboss-plugins|http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
6/24/10 5:22:36 PM PDT: Downloading f7179597f5b3666bb7d38295523546ce : nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:22:36 PM PDT: Downloaded Repository[f7179597f5b3666bb7d38295523546ce|http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/.index]/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:22:44 PM PDT: Updated index for jboss-plugins|http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
6/24/10 5:22:44 PM PDT: Updating index SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - External Bundle Releases|http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Unable to update index for SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - External Bundle Releases|http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external: Resource nexus-maven-repository-index.properties does not exist
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Updating index SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - SpringSource Bundle Releases|http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Unable to update index for SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - SpringSource Bundle Releases|http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release: Resource nexus-maven-repository-index.properties does not exist
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Updating index SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - External Bundle Milestones|http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/milestone
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Unable to update index for SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - External Bundle Milestones|http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/milestone: Resource nexus-maven-repository-index.properties does not exist
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Updating index maven2-repository.dev.java.net|http://download.java.net/maven/2/
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Downloading 6ae4f61bd19527ece2c2779b4fd3b336 : nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:22:45 PM PDT: Downloaded Repository[6ae4f61bd19527ece2c2779b4fd3b336|http://download.java.net/maven/2/.index]/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:23:26 PM PDT: Downloading 6ae4f61bd19527ece2c2779b4fd3b336 : nexus-maven-repository-index.zip
6/24/10 5:23:26 PM PDT: Downloaded Repository[6ae4f61bd19527ece2c2779b4fd3b336|http://download.java.net/maven/2/.index]/nexus-maven-repository-index.zip
6/24/10 5:23:41 PM PDT: Updated index for maven2-repository.dev.java.net|http://download.java.net/maven/2/
6/24/10 5:23:41 PM PDT: Updating index jboss|http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
6/24/10 5:23:41 PM PDT: Downloading 134daeee18ab9470b17183797054cc54 : nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:23:41 PM PDT: Downloaded Repository[134daeee18ab9470b17183797054cc54|http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/.index]/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:23:49 PM PDT: Updated index for jboss|http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
6/24/10 5:23:49 PM PDT: Updating index central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
6/24/10 5:23:49 PM PDT: Downloading d9d714e11cb097b3ffcec91cccc65d3e : nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:23:49 PM PDT: Downloaded Repository[d9d714e11cb097b3ffcec91cccc65d3e|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.index]/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/24/10 5:23:53 PM PDT: Updated index for central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2