m2eclipse Maven Indexes View

Mads Pultz

Hi,

Maybe this is a question for m2eclpise, but I will try here first.

We use m2eclipse 0.9.4 on Eclipse 3.2 based IDE. We use Nexus beta 2 to proxy Maven repositories (remote and local ones).

I am not able to add our Nexus URL's as indexes in the Maven Indexes view in m2eclipse. I am able to add other public Maven repositories but not repositories that we proxy through Nexus. For example, when I add http://server:port/nexus/content/repositories/releases it gives me the following error.

08-07-01 23:37:23 CEST: Unable to update index for releases http://server:port/nexus/content/repositories/releases

Is it supported to do this?

Regards
Mads

RE: m2eclipse Maven Indexes View

Brian E. Fox

It should work on the repository url in beta3, but you first need to run a reindex to “publish” the index. In beta-4 you can get them on a group url and schedule the publishing of the index. (while nexus updates its internal index in realtime, it does not zip and publish it in realtime)