[m2] subversion repository upload using webdav

[m2] subversion repository upload using webdav

Alexander Schwartz-3
Hi,

(crossposting to and maven-wagon-users)

as Brett Porter suggested ("Storing your Maven Repository in
CVS/Subversion",
http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/brett/archives/001066_storing_your_maven_repository_in_cvssubversion.html
<http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/brett/archives/001066_storing_your_maven_repository_in_cvssubversion.html>)

I would like to maintain the corporate maven repositories of my company
in our subversion system.

My questions are:
  -- Does anyone succeeded to configure m2 (and subversion)
      to upload  artifacts to a subversion repository using the maven
     webdav support?
  -- Are there any preconditions on the subversion installation?
  -- Are there any related open bugs?
  -- Any common pitfalls?

I appreciate any hints.
(In case it works I will provide a corresponding wiki page. :))

Best regards,

Alex

Re: [m2] subversion repository upload using webdav

Joakim Erdfelt-2
wagon-webdav is only for level 1 dav servers.
in other words, it is not for subversion.

If you want to use subversion as a repository, something I highly
*discourage*, use the wagon-scm provider.

- Joakim Erdfelt

Alexander Schwartz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (crossposting to and maven-wagon-users)
>
> as Brett Porter suggested ("Storing your Maven Repository in
> CVS/Subversion",
> http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/brett/archives/001066_storing_your_maven_repository_in_cvssubversion.html
> <http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/brett/archives/001066_storing_your_maven_repository_in_cvssubversion.html>)
>
> I would like to maintain the corporate maven repositories of my company
> in our subversion system.
>
> My questions are:
>  -- Does anyone succeeded to configure m2 (and subversion)
>      to upload  artifacts to a subversion repository using the maven
>     webdav support?
>  -- Are there any preconditions on the subversion installation?
>  -- Are there any related open bugs?
>  -- Any common pitfalls?
>
> I appreciate any hints.
> (In case it works I will provide a corresponding wiki page. :))
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alex

Re: [m2] subversion repository upload using webdav

Alex Schwartz
Joakim Erdfelt-2 wrote
wagon-webdav is only for level 1 dav servers.
in other words, it is not for subversion.

If you want to use subversion as a repository, something I highly
*discourage*, use the wagon-scm provider.

- Joakim Erdfelt
thank's for the hint -- I will use wagon-scm.
I know there are several good arguments *not* to store a repository using subversion.

-- Alex