Quantcast

[m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

[m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

Man-Chi Leung
after install a jar to local repository, how can I remove it?

$>mvn install:install-file -Dfile=easymock.jar -DgroupId=easymock -
DartifactId=easymock -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true

I check the documentation, there are only 2 goal for install,  any
goal for removal of jar?
install:install-file     (Installs a file in local repository.)
install:install (   Installs project's main artifact in local
repository)

Regards,
~manchi

Re: [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

Edwin Punzalan

As of now, the only way to remove the jar is to delete it manually from
your repository folder. The repository can be found in ~/.m2/repository
by default.

Man-Chi Leung wrote:

> after install a jar to local repository, how can I remove it?
>
> $>mvn install:install-file -Dfile=easymock.jar -DgroupId=easymock -
> DartifactId=easymock -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
>
> I check the documentation, there are only 2 goal for install, any goal
> for removal of jar?
> install:install-file (Installs a file in local repository.)
> install:install ( Installs project's main artifact in local repository)
>

> Regards,
> ~manchi

Re: [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

Dan Tran
perhaps we should have  automation tool so that meta-data file can be
updated accordingly as well.

For my case, I am required to do daily build, and eventually I will need to
remove those builds that we no longer need.

-D

On 1/2/06, Edwin Punzalan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As of now, the only way to remove the jar is to delete it manually from
> your repository folder. The repository can be found in ~/.m2/repository
> by default.
>

> Man-Chi Leung wrote:
>
> > after install a jar to local repository, how can I remove it?
> >
> > $>mvn install:install-file -Dfile=easymock.jar -DgroupId=easymock -
> > DartifactId=easymock -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
> >
> > I check the documentation, there are only 2 goal for install, any goal
> > for removal of jar?
> > install:install-file (Installs a file in local repository.)
> > install:install ( Installs project's main artifact in local repository)
> >

> > Regards,
> > ~manchi

Re: [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

allan ramirez-4
I suggest that we should have a plugin for this. A goal that can remove
an artifact from the local repo and a goal that will clear all the
artifact in a group? What do you think?

-allan

dan tran wrote:

>perhaps we should have  automation tool so that meta-data file can be
>updated accordingly as well.
>
>For my case, I am required to do daily build, and eventually I will need to
>remove those builds that we no longer need.
>
>-D
>

>On 1/2/06, Edwin Punzalan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>As of now, the only way to remove the jar is to delete it manually from
>>your repository folder. The repository can be found in ~/.m2/repository
>>by default.
>>

>>Man-Chi Leung wrote:
>>

>>>after install a jar to local repository, how can I remove it?
>>>
>>>$>mvn install:install-file -Dfile=easymock.jar -DgroupId=easymock -
>>>DartifactId=easymock -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
>>>
>>>I check the documentation, there are only 2 goal for install, any goal
>>>for removal of jar?
>>>install:install-file (Installs a file in local repository.)
>>>install:install ( Installs project's main artifact in local repository)
>>>

>>>Regards,
>>>~manchi

RE : [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

LAMY Olivier
Hi,
Maybe something too which clean SNAPSHOT previous when performing a
release ?
Probably dangerous but could be optionnal in release plugin ?
- Olivier

dan tran wrote:

>perhaps we should have  automation tool so that meta-data file can be
>updated accordingly as well.
>
>For my case, I am required to do daily build, and eventually I will
>need to remove those builds that we no longer need.
>
>-D
>

>On 1/2/06, Edwin Punzalan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>As of now, the only way to remove the jar is to delete it manually
>>from your repository folder. The repository can be found in
>>~/.m2/repository by default.
>>

>>Man-Chi Leung wrote:
>>

>>>after install a jar to local repository, how can I remove it?
>>>
>>>$>mvn install:install-file -Dfile=easymock.jar -DgroupId=easymock - >>>DartifactId=easymock -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
>>>
>>>I check the documentation, there are only 2 goal for install, any
>>>goal for removal of jar? install:install-file (Installs a file in
>>>local repository.) install:install ( Installs project's main artifact

>>>in local repository)
>>>

>>>Regards,
>>>~manchi

>1/2/2006

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.

Re: RE : [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

Man-Chi Leung
yes, I believe that we need  a goal to remove jar from local
repository and also for Maven-Proxy repository

yes, for SNAPSHOT , I do find that some release plugins are having
dependencies on SNAPSHOT version , and very often that SNAPSHOT may
be broken or no longer exist!
:-(    we need something to track this too

~manchi

On Jan 5, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hi,
> Maybe something too which clean SNAPSHOT previous when performing a
> release ?
> Probably dangerous but could be optionnal in release plugin ?
> - Olivier

Brett Porter
Please add your comments to:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-233

On 1/6/06, Man-Chi Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes, I believe that we need  a goal to remove jar from local
> repository and also for Maven-Proxy repository
>
> yes, for SNAPSHOT , I do find that some release plugins are having
> dependencies on SNAPSHOT version , and very often that SNAPSHOT may
> be broken or no longer exist!
> :-(    we need something to track this too
>
> ~manchi
>
> On Jan 5, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Maybe something too which clean SNAPSHOT previous when performing a
> > release ?
> > Probably dangerous but could be optionnal in release plugin ?
> > - Olivier

Yann Le Du-4
2006/1/5, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> Maybe something too which clean SNAPSHOT previous when performing a
> release ?
> Probably dangerous but could be optionnal in release plugin ?
> - Olivier

+1
Could you file in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE ?

--
Yann

> I suggest that we should have a plugin for this. A goal that can remove
> an artifact from the local repo and a goal that will clear all the
> artifact in a group? What do you think?
>
> -allan
>
> dan tran wrote:
>
> >perhaps we should have  automation tool so that meta-data file can be
> >updated accordingly as well.
> >
> >For my case, I am required to do daily build, and eventually I will
> >need to remove those builds that we no longer need.
> >
> >-D
> >

> >On 1/2/06, Edwin Punzalan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>As of now, the only way to remove the jar is to delete it manually
> >>from your repository folder. The repository can be found in
> >>~/.m2/repository by default.

> >>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

> >1/2/2006
> >

> This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this
> message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back
> to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or
> disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly
> prohibited.

> Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les
> informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont
> confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle
> ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de le
> renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
> totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non
> expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.

RE : RE : [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

LAMY Olivier
Done :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-68

- Olivier

2006/1/5, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> Maybe something too which clean SNAPSHOT previous when performing a
> release ? Probably dangerous but could be optionnal in release plugin
> ?
> - Olivier

+1
Could you file in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE ?

--
Yann

> I suggest that we should have a plugin for this. A goal that can
> remove an artifact from the local repo and a goal that will clear all
> the artifact in a group? What do you think?
>
> -allan
>
> dan tran wrote:
>
> >perhaps we should have  automation tool so that meta-data file can be

> >updated accordingly as well.
> >
> >For my case, I am required to do daily build, and eventually I will
> >need to remove those builds that we no longer need.
> >
> >-D
> >

> >On 1/2/06, Edwin Punzalan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>As of now, the only way to remove the jar is to delete it manually
> >>from your repository folder. The repository can be found in
> >>~/.m2/repository by default.

> >>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

> >1/2/2006
> >

> This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein
> ("this
> message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send
it back
> to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use,
dissemination or
> disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly
> prohibited.

> Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les
> informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont
> confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à
laquelle
> ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de
le
> renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion,
publication,

> totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non
> expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.

Re: RE : [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository

clark.rao

Dear,
    I agreee the plugin can remove plugin from local reposity.

thanks.
Tel: (020)36315358-328 Fax: (020)36315170

                      Yann Le Du
                      <le.du.yann@gmail        To:       Maven Users List <[hidden email]>
                      .com>                    cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: RE : [m2] how to remove jar from .m2/repository
                      08/01/2006 23:53
                      Please respond to
                      "Maven Users
                      List"

2006/1/5, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> Maybe something too which clean SNAPSHOT previous when performing a
> release ?
> Probably dangerous but could be optionnal in release plugin ?
> - Olivier

+1
Could you file in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE ?

--
Yann

> I suggest that we should have a plugin for this. A goal that can remove
> an artifact from the local repo and a goal that will clear all the
> artifact in a group? What do you think?
>
> -allan
>
> dan tran wrote:
>
> >perhaps we should have  automation tool so that meta-data file can be
> >updated accordingly as well.
> >
> >For my case, I am required to do daily build, and eventually I will
> >need to remove those builds that we no longer need.
> >
> >-D
> >

> >On 1/2/06, Edwin Punzalan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>As of now, the only way to remove the jar is to delete it manually
> >>from your repository folder. The repository can be found in
> >>~/.m2/repository by default.

> >>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

> >1/2/2006
> >

> This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this
> message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it
back
> to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination
or
> disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly
> prohibited.

> Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les
> informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont
> confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à
laquelle
> ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de le
> renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
> totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non
> expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.

Hactl..........Moving forward with you.

Best Air Cargo Terminal - Asia 2005
Air Cargo Terminal of the Year 2002, 2003 & 2004

Web: http://www.hactl.com

DISCLAIMER :-
The information contained in this message, including any attachment, is
confidential and may also be privileged. The information is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
re-transmission, copying, storage, distribution or other use or disclosure
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from
your system. Thank you.