m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.5 available

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.5 available

Eugene Kuleshov
Folks,

  Plugin version 0.0.5 is available for install from the update site:
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

  Once again, big thanks to all of you who tried plugin, commented in
this list, submitted Jira issues and patches. We are always welcome your
thoughts, comments and suggestions.

  Notable changes since 0.0.4 version:

-- Better handling of the source downloads and support for attaching
source code using standard Eclipse UI

-- Automatic detection of the compiler settings from pom.xml when
updating source folders and resolving matching JRE container for the
Eclipse build path

-- Various improvements for logging to M2 Console and Progress views.


  Known issues
 
-- Unfortunately there are still no support for settings.xml, including
proxy configuration.
    For now you can use system properties -Dhttp.proxyHost= and
-Dhttp.proxyPort=

-- Maven launched from the Embedder component may behave different from
the command line (e.g. reactor build). As a work around you can
configure external tools and point it to the mvn command

-- There is a rebuild happening on workspace restart caused by
initialization of Maven classpath container. We'll look at this issue in
next releases.


  Resolved Jira issues:

  [MNGECLIPSE-45] - configuration from build/plugins not considered
  [MNGECLIPSE-56] - Exception running M2 build
  [MNGECLIPSE-57] - Unable to download the artifact from any repository
  [MNGECLIPSE-69] - "offline" mode does not work
  [MNGECLIPSE-17] - Can't Attach Source to Maven Dependencies
  [MNGECLIPSE-50] - Use information from pom to resolve JRE container
from installed JVMs
  [MNGECLIPSE-60] - Improve behaviour of ExecutePom Launch shortcut if
no goals are specified
  [MNGECLIPSE-68] - possibility to disable download of sources
  [MNGECLIPSE-73] - Output more information in error message


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.5 available

jochen-2
On 2/14/06, Eugene Kuleshov <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Known issues
>
> -- Unfortunately there are still no support for settings.xml, including
> proxy configuration.
>     For now you can use system properties -Dhttp.proxyHost= and
> -Dhttp.proxyPort=
>
> -- Maven launched from the Embedder component may behave different from
> the command line (e.g. reactor build). As a work around you can
> configure external tools and point it to the mvn command

Couldn't these be resolved easily, if the plugin itself would depend
on an external Maven installation? Personally, I'd prefer this
anyways, because it guarantees the same bevahiour from both within
Eclipse and outside.


Jochen


--
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun. (Katharine Hepburn)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.5 available

Eugene Kuleshov
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
-- Unfortunately there are still no support for settings.xml, including
proxy configuration.
    For now you can use system properties -Dhttp.proxyHost= and
-Dhttp.proxyPort=

-- Maven launched from the Embedder component may behave different from
the command line (e.g. reactor build). As a work around you can
configure external tools and point it to the mvn command
    
Couldn't these be resolved easily, if the plugin itself would depend
on an external Maven installation? Personally, I'd prefer this
anyways, because it guarantees the same bevahiour from both within
Eclipse and outside.
  
  I don't really like the idea of using external Maven install from the plugin for number of reasons and it looks like workaround or hack then real solution. Note that Maven CLI won't help when resolving dependencies or doing other background operations, so generally speaking behavior won't be the same anyways. Also, as mentioned above you can run external maven trough external tools, so it should not be a big issue.

  Please bug Maven team so they will fix Embedder component which is also supposed to be used by Maven CLI.

  regards,
  Eugene


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [m2eclipse-dev] m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.5 available

Eugene Kuleshov
In reply to this post by Eugene Kuleshov
Folks,

  Plugin version 0.0.6 is available for install from the update site:
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

  Notable changes since 0.0.5 version:

-- Using official maven-embedder-2.0.4-dep.jar released with Maven 2.0.4
  This should resolve "Duplicated Project ID" error, but I can't confirm
if it pickup configuration for proxy and profiles. Please try and report.

-- Experimental Quick Assist in Java editor to allow to quickly search
for dependencies by class name.
  Because of this plugin size is significantly bigger.
  See some more details about this in my blog post at:
  http://www.jroller.com/page/eu?entry=searching_classes_in_jars


 Resolved Jira issues:

  [MNGECLIPSE-10] - problems with dependencies with system scope
  [MNGECLIPSE-78] - Attaching javadocs to dependent libraries is
misleadingly made possible.
  [MNGECLIPSE-96] - plugin does not add test-jar dependencies to classpath
  [MNGECLIPSE-84] - need "run As Maven build..."


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [m2eclipse-dev] m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Eugene Kuleshov
Folks,

  Plugin version 0.0.7 is available for install from the update site:
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

  This is a bugfix release to resolve issue with Maven launcher. Thanks
to Thorsten Kamann for reporting about this and sorry for the trouble.

  regards,
  Eugene


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: [m2eclipse-dev] m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Henrik Mejlgaard
Hi Eugene,
 
Just updated to version 0.0.7.
 
Everytime I issue an "Update source folders" I get the following on any of my projects:
 

30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: [DEBUG] U:\projects\kpm\tools\maven2plugins\kpeclipse\src

30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR mojo-execute : compiler:compile : Compilation failure

30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR project-execute : kp.maven.plugins:maven-kpeclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT ( task-segment: [generate-sources, generate-resources, generate-test-sources, generate-test-resources] ) : Compilation failure

30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Failed to run generate source goals /KP Eclipse Mojos/pom.xml Compilation failure

30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Adding source folder /KP Eclipse Mojos/src

30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Updated source folders for project KP Eclipse Mojos

Regards,

Henrik



 
On 4/30/06, Eugene Kuleshov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

Plugin version 0.0.7 is available for install from the update site:
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

This is a bugfix release to resolve issue with Maven launcher. Thanks
to Thorsten Kamann for reporting about this and sorry for the trouble.

regards,
Eugene



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Eugene Kuleshov

   Running Eclipse with JRE? Most likely Maven can't find tools.jar...

Henrik Mejlgaard wrote:

> Hi Eugene,
>  
> Just updated to version 0.0.7.
>  
> Everytime I issue an "Update source folders" I get the following on any
> of my projects:
>  
>
> 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: [DEBUG]
> U:\projects\kpm\tools\maven2plugins\kpeclipse\src
>
> 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR mojo-execute : compiler:compile :
> Compilation failure
>
> 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR project-execute :
> kp.maven.plugins:maven-kpeclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT (
> task-segment: [generate-sources, generate-resources,
> generate-test-sources, generate-test-resources] ) : Compilation failure
>
> 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Failed to run generate source goals /KP Eclipse
> Mojos/pom.xml Compilation failure
>
> 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Adding source folder /KP Eclipse Mojos/src
>
> 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Updated source folders for project KP Eclipse Mojos
>
> Regards,
>
> Henrik
>
>
>
>  
> On 4/30/06, *Eugene Kuleshov* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Folks,
>
>     Plugin version 0.0.7 is available for install from the update site:
>     http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
>
>     This is a bugfix release to resolve issue with Maven launcher. Thanks
>     to Thorsten Kamann for reporting about this and sorry for the trouble.
>
>     regards,
>     Eugene
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Kees de Kooter
And how can we fix that?

On 5/3/06, Eugene Kuleshov <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>    Running Eclipse with JRE? Most likely Maven can't find tools.jar...
>
> Henrik Mejlgaard wrote:
> > Hi Eugene,
> >
> > Just updated to version 0.0.7.
> >
> > Everytime I issue an "Update source folders" I get the following on any
> > of my projects:
> >
> >
> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: [DEBUG]
> > U:\projects\kpm\tools\maven2plugins\kpeclipse\src
> >
> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR mojo-execute : compiler:compile :
> > Compilation failure
> >
> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR project-execute :
> > kp.maven.plugins:maven-kpeclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT (
> > task-segment: [generate-sources, generate-resources,
> > generate-test-sources, generate-test-resources] ) : Compilation failure
> >
> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Failed to run generate source goals /KP Eclipse
> > Mojos/pom.xml Compilation failure
> >
> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Adding source folder /KP Eclipse Mojos/src
> >
> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Updated source folders for project KP Eclipse Mojos
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Henrik
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On 4/30/06, *Eugene Kuleshov* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Folks,
> >
> >     Plugin version 0.0.7 is available for install from the update site:
> >     http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
> >
> >     This is a bugfix release to resolve issue with Maven launcher. Thanks
> >     to Thorsten Kamann for reporting about this and sorry for the trouble.
> >
> >     regards,
> >     Eugene
> >
> >
> >
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

dhartford-2
In reply to this post by Eugene Kuleshov
I experienced the exact same problem, and you need to right-click on the
'JRE System Library', configure, and there you can choose to install
another 'JRE' and point it to a JDK install.  Then, make sure the
Library is configured to use the JDK library.

That will take care of the compiler problem!

-D

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kees de Kooter [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 5:00 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [m2eclipse-user] Re: m2 eclipse plugin version
> 0.0.7 available
>
> And how can we fix that?
>
> On 5/3/06, Eugene Kuleshov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >    Running Eclipse with JRE? Most likely Maven can't find
> tools.jar...
> >
> > Henrik Mejlgaard wrote:
> > > Hi Eugene,
> > >
> > > Just updated to version 0.0.7.
> > >
> > > Everytime I issue an "Update source folders" I get the
> following on
> > > any of my projects:
> > >
> > >
> > > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: [DEBUG]
> > > U:\projects\kpm\tools\maven2plugins\kpeclipse\src
> > >
> > > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR mojo-execute : compiler:compile :
> > > Compilation failure
> > >
> > > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR project-execute :
> > >
> kp.maven.plugins:maven-kpeclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT (
> > > task-segment: [generate-sources, generate-resources,
> > > generate-test-sources, generate-test-resources] ) : Compilation
> > > failure
> > >
> > > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Failed to run generate source goals /KP
> > > Eclipse Mojos/pom.xml Compilation failure
> > >
> > > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Adding source folder /KP Eclipse Mojos/src
> > >
> > > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Updated source folders for project KP
> > > Eclipse Mojos
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Henrik
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On 4/30/06, *Eugene Kuleshov* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Folks,
> > >
> > >     Plugin version 0.0.7 is available for install from
> the update site:
> > >     http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
> > >
> > >     This is a bugfix release to resolve issue with Maven
> launcher. Thanks
> > >     to Thorsten Kamann for reporting about this and sorry
> for the trouble.
> > >
> > >     regards,
> > >     Eugene
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Eugene Kuleshov
In reply to this post by Kees de Kooter

   Window / Preferences / Installed JREs. Then add JDK and make it default

   ...or start Eclipse with -vm C:\jdk1.5.0_05\bin\javaw.exe (also
possible to add that parameter before -vmargs in eclipse.ini)

   regards,
   Eugene


Kees de Kooter wrote:

> And how can we fix that?
>
> On 5/3/06, Eugene Kuleshov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>    Running Eclipse with JRE? Most likely Maven can't find tools.jar...
>>
>> Henrik Mejlgaard wrote:
>> > Hi Eugene,
>> >
>> > Just updated to version 0.0.7.
>> >
>> > Everytime I issue an "Update source folders" I get the following on any
>> > of my projects:
>> >
>> >
>> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: [DEBUG]
>> > U:\projects\kpm\tools\maven2plugins\kpeclipse\src
>> >
>> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR mojo-execute : compiler:compile :
>> > Compilation failure
>> >
>> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR project-execute :
>> > kp.maven.plugins:maven-kpeclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT (
>> > task-segment: [generate-sources, generate-resources,
>> > generate-test-sources, generate-test-resources] ) : Compilation failure
>> >
>> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Failed to run generate source goals /KP Eclipse
>> > Mojos/pom.xml Compilation failure
>> >
>> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Adding source folder /KP Eclipse Mojos/src
>> >
>> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Updated source folders for project KP
>> Eclipse Mojos
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Henrik
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On 4/30/06, *Eugene Kuleshov* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     Folks,
>> >
>> >     Plugin version 0.0.7 is available for install from the update site:
>> >     http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
>> >
>> >     This is a bugfix release to resolve issue with Maven launcher.
>> Thanks
>> >     to Thorsten Kamann for reporting about this and sorry for the
>> trouble.
>> >
>> >     regards,
>> >     Eugene
>> >
>> >
>> >

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Jérôme CARRE
I update plugin from 0.0.5 to 0.0.7 via Eclipse update
(http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/).
but when I try to go into maven2 preferences, I have the following message :

 Unable to create the selected preference page
 Reason :
     Plugin org.maven.ide.eclipse was unable to load class
     org.maven.ide.eclipse.preferences.Maven2PreferencePage
 Details :
     org.maven.ide.eclipse.preferences.Maven2PreferencePage

My Eclipse version is 3.1.2 (inside Lomboz bundle) and I launch it like this :
   ...\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javaw.exe"

My Windows is XP sp2 (sorry)

could you help me ?

On 5/3/06, Eugene Kuleshov <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>    Window / Preferences / Installed JREs. Then add JDK and make it default
>
>    ...or start Eclipse with -vm C:\jdk1.5.0_05\bin\javaw.exe (also
> possible to add that parameter before -vmargs in eclipse.ini)
>
>    regards,
>    Eugene
>
>
> Kees de Kooter wrote:
> > And how can we fix that?
> >
> > On 5/3/06, Eugene Kuleshov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >>    Running Eclipse with JRE? Most likely Maven can't find tools.jar...
> >>
> >> Henrik Mejlgaard wrote:
> >> > Hi Eugene,
> >> >
> >> > Just updated to version 0.0.7.
> >> >
> >> > Everytime I issue an "Update source folders" I get the following on any
> >> > of my projects:
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: [DEBUG]
> >> > U:\projects\kpm\tools\maven2plugins\kpeclipse\src
> >> >
> >> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR mojo-execute : compiler:compile :
> >> > Compilation failure
> >> >
> >> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: ERROR project-execute :
> >> > kp.maven.plugins:maven-kpeclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT (
> >> > task-segment: [generate-sources, generate-resources,
> >> > generate-test-sources, generate-test-resources] ) : Compilation failure
> >> >
> >> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Failed to run generate source goals /KP Eclipse
> >> > Mojos/pom.xml Compilation failure
> >> >
> >> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Adding source folder /KP Eclipse Mojos/src
> >> >
> >> > 30-04-06 23:47:19 CEST: Updated source folders for project KP
> >> Eclipse Mojos
> >> >
> >> > Regards,
> >> >
> >> > Henrik
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > On 4/30/06, *Eugene Kuleshov* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >     Folks,
> >> >
> >> >     Plugin version 0.0.7 is available for install from the update site:
> >> >     http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
> >> >
> >> >     This is a bugfix release to resolve issue with Maven launcher.
> >> Thanks
> >> >     to Thorsten Kamann for reporting about this and sorry for the
> >> trouble.
> >> >
> >> >     regards,
> >> >     Eugene
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Kristopher
I recently upgraded from 0.0.5 to 0.0.7.   When I try to add depenedcies they are no longer found by the plugin.  For example I type in log4j in 0.0.5 and I see the log4j dependencies.  However, in 0.0.7 and 0.0.9 when I type in log4j I get nothing.   Is there any way to fix this?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [m2eclipse-user] Re: Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Eugene Kuleshov
Kristopher wrote:
> I recently upgraded from 0.0.5 to 0.0.7.   When I try to add depenedcies they
> are no longer found by the plugin.  For example I type in log4j in 0.0.5 and
> I see the log4j dependencies.  However, in 0.0.7 and 0.0.9 when I type in
> log4j I get nothing.   Is there any way to fix this?
>  
  It is related to the way standard lucene analyzer split words into
tokens.  It creates only token "log" from word "log4j". I have to write
custom analyzer that would handle this case, and reindex repository.
  Though after Codehaus restructuring I can't run indexer anymore. It
would be the best if you can bug Maven folks to complete repository
manager and have it for central repository, so we can pickup its index
instead.

  In a mean time you can try to search by "log*". It is not exactly the
same, but it is the best I can suggest for now.

  regards,
  Eugene



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [m2eclipse-user] Re: Re: m2 eclipse plugin version 0.0.7 available

Kristopher
Thanks this works well. I didn't realize I could specify wildcards in the search box.  Now I can find all the dependencies that I used with version 0.0.5.