[m2] automatic download of my dependency's dependency ?

[m2] automatic download of my dependency's dependency ?

Maciej Zywno
Hi,

I run m2 compile and I can see that m2 is tryingto download jars that
are not explicitly mentioned in my pom.xml (e.g. jdbc2.0 ). Is it
because m2 finds somehow that these jars are needed? If so why may
they be needed and how m2 discover the need? (I don't think jdbc2.0 is
needed by m2 itself...)

Regards,
Maciek

Re: [m2] automatic download of my dependency's dependency ?

Emmanuel Venisse-2
m2 use transitive dependencies, so if you use a jar that depends on an
other, all dependencies will be download too.

m2 discover all dependencies with poms in ibiblio.

With this, it's more simple than m1 for declare dependencies in a project.

Emmanuel

Maciej Zywno wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run m2 compile and I can see that m2 is tryingto download jars that
> are not explicitly mentioned in my pom.xml (e.g. jdbc2.0 ). Is it
> because m2 finds somehow that these jars are needed? If so why may
> they be needed and how m2 discover the need? (I don't think jdbc2.0 is
> needed by m2 itself...)
>
> Regards,
> Maciek

Re: [m2] automatic download of my dependency's dependency ?

Brett Porter
On 5/17/05, Maciej Zywno <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run m2 compile and I can see that m2 is tryingto download jars that
> are not explicitly mentioned in my pom.xml (e.g. jdbc2.0 ). Is it
> because m2 finds somehow that these jars are needed? If so why may
> they be needed and how m2 discover the need? (I don't think jdbc2.0 is
> needed by m2 itself...)

Yes, these are dependencies of dependencies. It is gather from the
project.xml files of the other projects, eg:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/velocity/velocity/1.4/velocity-1.4.pom

If you believe any of these to be incorrect, please file a bug under
the MEV project at JIRA. Please check if it already exists there,
however.

- Brett