[m2] Using xdoclet to generate EJB artefacts

[m2] Using xdoclet to generate EJB artefacts

nsowatsk
Hi all

Plodding progress. Now that I get the code compiled (see passim), I need to
use xdoclet to generate my interfaces and deployment descriptors.

A similar subject on the list referred to:

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/ejb-mojo.html

But there seems to be a checksum mismatch on all of the versions of that
plugin.

And I have also found:

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/

But I can't see any examples of usage or guidance.

Has anyone got any ideas here please?

Many thanks

Nathan

--
Nathan Sowatskey - Technical Leader, NMTG CTO Engineering - Desk
+44-208-824-4259 - Mobile +44-7740-449794 - AIM id

Re: [m2] Using xdoclet to generate EJB artefacts

Nicolas Chalumeau
There is not actually any xdoclet plugin for M2.

2005/6/9, Nathan Sowatskey (nsowatsk) <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all
>
> Plodding progress. Now that I get the code compiled (see passim), I need to
> use xdoclet to generate my interfaces and deployment descriptors.
>
> A similar subject on the list referred to:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/ejb-mojo.html
>
> But there seems to be a checksum mismatch on all of the versions of that
> plugin.
>
> And I have also found:
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/

This is not a M2 plugin but a Maven 1.X plugin for XDoclet2.
I plan to do one to execute XDoclet2 plugin but i did not find the
time for and probably can't for the next 2 mouth

Nicolas

> But I can't see any examples of usage or guidance.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas here please?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Nathan
>
> --
> Nathan Sowatskey - Technical Leader, NMTG CTO Engineering - Desk
> +44-208-824-4259 - Mobile +44-7740-449794 - AIM id
> NathanCisco - [hidden email]

Re: [m2] Using xdoclet to generate EJB artefacts

nsowatsk
Hi

Thanks for the information.

If I am to understand the situation correctly, it seems that we can't
use Xdoclet with M2, which really means that we can't do EJBs in any
meaningful way with M2 yet. Is that a correct assessment?

I *think* that I should be able to invoke a M1.x plugin in some way
though, shouldn't I? So presumably I can use that technique to invoke
Xdoclet. If that *is* a possibility, then I am happy to try that (though
some clues would be appreciated). If not, please let me know.

Are there any other possibilities I should pursue in this context?

Regards

Nathan

Nicolas Chalumeau wrote:

> There is not actually any xdoclet plugin for M2.
>
> 2005/6/9, Nathan Sowatskey (nsowatsk) <[hidden email]>:
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>Plodding progress. Now that I get the code compiled (see passim), I need to
>>use xdoclet to generate my interfaces and deployment descriptors.
>>
>>A similar subject on the list referred to:
>>
>>http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/ejb-mojo.html
>>
>>But there seems to be a checksum mismatch on all of the versions of that
>>plugin.
>>
>>And I have also found:
>>
>>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/
>

> This is not a M2 plugin but a Maven 1.X plugin for XDoclet2.
> I plan to do one to execute XDoclet2 plugin but i did not find the
> time for and probably can't for the next 2 mouth
>
> Nicolas
>

>>But I can't see any examples of usage or guidance.
>>
>>Has anyone got any ideas here please?
>>
>>Many thanks
>>
>>Nathan
>>
>>--
>>Nathan Sowatskey - Technical Leader, NMTG CTO Engineering - Desk
>>+44-208-824-4259 - Mobile +44-7740-449794 - AIM id
>>NathanCisco - [hidden email]

Nathan Sowatskey - Technical Leader, NMTG CTO Engineering - Desk
+44-208-824-4259/+1-408-527-2595 - Mobile +44-7740-449794 - AIM id
NathanCisco - [hidden email]

Re: [m2] Using xdoclet to generate EJB artefacts

Kenney Westerhof
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Nathan Sowatskey wrote:

Hi there,

I'm currently working on an xdoclet plugin for m2.
It's an unofficial plugin, and I plan to donate it to either maven
or the xdoclet team. As soon as it's alpha ready I'll announce it
here.

Btw, the xdoclet plugins in ibibilio/maven2 are just the m1 plugins.
I'll get into trouble there since my plugin is named
'maven-xdoclet-plugin' (Maybe i'll version it 2.0-SNAPSHOT, although
this is a plugin written from scratch :)).

Greetings,

        Kenney

> Hi
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> If I am to understand the situation correctly, it seems that we can't
> use Xdoclet with M2, which really means that we can't do EJBs in any
> meaningful way with M2 yet. Is that a correct assessment?
>
> I *think* that I should be able to invoke a M1.x plugin in some way
> though, shouldn't I? So presumably I can use that technique to invoke
> Xdoclet. If that *is* a possibility, then I am happy to try that (though
> some clues would be appreciated). If not, please let me know.
>
> Are there any other possibilities I should pursue in this context?
>
> Regards
>
> Nathan
>
> Nicolas Chalumeau wrote:
> > There is not actually any xdoclet plugin for M2.
> >
> > 2005/6/9, Nathan Sowatskey (nsowatsk) <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >>Hi all
> >>
> >>Plodding progress. Now that I get the code compiled (see passim), I need to
> >>use xdoclet to generate my interfaces and deployment descriptors.
> >>
> >>A similar subject on the list referred to:
> >>
> >>http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/ejb-mojo.html
> >>
> >>But there seems to be a checksum mismatch on all of the versions of that
> >>plugin.
> >>
> >>And I have also found:
> >>
> >>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/maven-xdoclet2-plugin/
> >

> > This is not a M2 plugin but a Maven 1.X plugin for XDoclet2.
> > I plan to do one to execute XDoclet2 plugin but i did not find the
> > time for and probably can't for the next 2 mouth
> >
> > Nicolas
> >

> >>But I can't see any examples of usage or guidance.
> >>
> >>Has anyone got any ideas here please?
> >>
> >>Many thanks
> >>
> >>Nathan
> >>
> >>--
> >>Nathan Sowatskey - Technical Leader, NMTG CTO Engineering - Desk
> >>+44-208-824-4259 - Mobile +44-7740-449794 - AIM id
> >>NathanCisco - [hidden email]

> >>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >>

> --
> Nathan Sowatskey - Technical Leader, NMTG CTO Engineering - Desk
> +44-208-824-4259/+1-408-527-2595 - Mobile +44-7740-449794 - AIM id
> NathanCisco - [hidden email]

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: [m2] Using xdoclet to generate EJB artefacts

nsowatsk
Many thanks for the update.

Is it worth asking for a eta?

Regards

Nathan

2005/6/9, Kenney Westerhof <[hidden email]>:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Nathan Sowatskey wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently working on an xdoclet plugin for m2.
> It's an unofficial plugin, and I plan to donate it to either maven
> or the xdoclet team. As soon as it's alpha ready I'll announce it
> here.

Cool !! I wanted to do it so I don't have to. I have opened an issue for this :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XDP-60

We have talk about it in the list and the best place in xdoclet2
plugin repository.

> Btw, the xdoclet plugins in ibibilio/maven2 are just the m1 plugins.
> I'll get into trouble there since my plugin is named
> 'maven-xdoclet-plugin' (Maybe i'll version it 2.0-SNAPSHOT, although
> this is a plugin written from scratch :)).

As the xdoclet 2 project name is XDoclet2 why don't use
maven-xdoclet2-plugin with an 1.06SNAPSHOT version

> Greetings,
>
>         Kenney

Thank

Nicolas

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Nicolas Chalumeau wrote:

> 2005/6/9, Kenney Westerhof <[hidden email]>:
> > On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Nathan Sowatskey wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm currently working on an xdoclet plugin for m2.
> > It's an unofficial plugin, and I plan to donate it to either maven
> > or the xdoclet team. As soon as it's alpha ready I'll announce it
> > here.
>
> Cool !! I wanted to do it so I don't have to. I have opened an issue for this :
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XDP-60
>
> We have talk about it in the list and the best place in xdoclet2
> plugin repository.

Well, this plugin is for xdoclet 1 as I couldn't get xdoclet2 to run (the
dependencies were lacking). However it should be quite easy to migrate
to xd2.

> > Btw, the xdoclet plugins in ibibilio/maven2 are just the m1 plugins.
> > I'll get into trouble there since my plugin is named
> > 'maven-xdoclet-plugin' (Maybe i'll version it 2.0-SNAPSHOT, although
> > this is a plugin written from scratch :)).
>
> As the xdoclet 2 project name is XDoclet2 why don't use
> maven-xdoclet2-plugin with an 1.06SNAPSHOT version

maven-xdoclet2-plugin is also a maven 1 plugin :)

-- Kenney

> > Greetings,
> >
> >         Kenney
>
> Thank
>
> Nicolas

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: [m2] Using xdoclet to generate EJB artefacts

Kenney Westerhof
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Nathan Sowatskey wrote:

I'll publish within a week (probably the day after tomorrow).

I've got to say, i've cheated a bit on this to keep it dynamic: it's
really just an ant executor; you can paste ant tasks in the pom
and it will run them. This seemed like the easiest way to preserve
the xdoclet configuration (else i'd have to create code to handle all
possible configurations of all modules).

-- Kenney