[m2] Problems with dependency version

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[m2] Problems with dependency version

Kristian Nordal
Hi,

I'm trying to set up the mysql-connector-java as a dependency. It's
called mysql-connector-java-3.0.10-stable-bin. In Maven 1, I think I
used to set mysql-connector-java as artifactId, and 3.0.10-stable-bin
as versionId. If I do this in the m2 pom it will try to look for the
artifact here:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/mysql-connector-java/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10-stable-bin/
But it's actually located here:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/mysql-connector-java/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10/

I assume that 3.0.10 is the correct name for the version directory, so
is there any way around this?

--
Thanks,
Kristian

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [m2] Problems with dependency version

Kristian Nordal
On 5/20/05, Kristian Nordal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up the mysql-connector-java as a dependency. It's
> called mysql-connector-java-3.0.10-stable-bin. In Maven 1, I think I
> used to set mysql-connector-java as artifactId, and 3.0.10-stable-bin
> as versionId. If I do this in the m2 pom it will try to look for the
> artifact here:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/mysql-connector-java/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10-stable-bin/
> But it's actually located here:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/mysql-connector-java/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10/

Sorry, I used the wrong groupId, but the problems is more or less the
same. If you use version 3.0.10, it will download the pom but this pom
runs into the same problem.

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10/mysql-connector-java-3.0.10.pom

--
Kristian

> I assume that 3.0.10 is the correct name for the version directory, so
> is there any way around this?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Kristian
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [m2] Problems with dependency version

Brett Porter
Thanks, it's a known problem. You can track it here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-12 (set yourself as a watcher)

As a workaround, you can copy it locally to a new filename that works
with your dependency.

Is the JAR a distribution of another JAR + docs, or is that just the
standalone JDBC driver? If its the latter, I believe the file should
be renamed to mysql-connector-java-3.0.10.jar in the repository.

- Brett

On 5/20/05, Kristian Nordal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/20/05, Kristian Nordal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to set up the mysql-connector-java as a dependency. It's
> > called mysql-connector-java-3.0.10-stable-bin. In Maven 1, I think I
> > used to set mysql-connector-java as artifactId, and 3.0.10-stable-bin
> > as versionId. If I do this in the m2 pom it will try to look for the
> > artifact here:
> > http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/mysql-connector-java/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10-stable-bin/
> > But it's actually located here:
> > http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/mysql-connector-java/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10/
>
> Sorry, I used the wrong groupId, but the problems is more or less the
> same. If you use version 3.0.10, it will download the pom but this pom
> runs into the same problem.
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/3.0.10/mysql-connector-java-3.0.10.pom
>
> --
> Kristian
>
> > I assume that 3.0.10 is the correct name for the version directory, so
> > is there any way around this?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Kristian
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]