jivesoftware and common dependencies

Igor Deruga
Dear members!
I've found that there is no smack-1.5.0.jar at
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/jivesoftware/smack/. That's a pity for I'm
using it and have to copy one in my local repository.

Another question. All of my modules inherit one pom.xml, and I want to
define all possible dependencies from child modules in the parent
pom.xml and remove them from child pom.xmls. What are the disadvantages
of such method? Adding jars to classpath is cheap and I'd have to
download all those modules anyway... I guess, I'm wrong, but why?

SIncerely
Igor Deruga.

Re: jivesoftware and common dependencies

Carlos Sanchez-2
Please read http://maven.apache.org/reference/repository-upload.html
to get jars uploaded to ibiblio