jaxws-maven-plugin: wsgen compiles with wrong source and target version

jaxws-maven-plugin: wsgen compiles with wrong source and target version

Richard Tjerngren
I’m using jaxws-maven-plugin to generate some java-files and compile them to classes. I’m running JDK 8 on my machine but I want the output jars to be compatible with java 7, I’ve configured the maven-compiler-plugin so all my other jars are correct but it ’s seems like the jaxws-plugin doesn’t use the compiler plugin.

So my question is, how can I tell jaxws to compile with -source and -target 1.7?

ps. This is my first time posting to a mailing list, I hope I’m doing this right :)

Regards
Richard

Richard Tjerngren
Java Developer
────────────────
NetEnt | Better Gaming™
T: +46 760 024 868<tel:+46%20760%20024%20868>, M: +46 760 024 868<tel:+46%20760%20024%20868>
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>, www.netent.com
Address: NetEnt AB (publ), Vasagatan 16, SE-111 20, Stockholm, SE
This email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email. Views or opinions in this email are solely those of the author. Unencrypted Internet communications are not secure and the sender does not accept responsibility for interception of this message by third parties. This communication is not intended to form a binding contract unless expressly indicated to the contrary and properly authorized. The recipient should scan this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender accepts no liability for any viruses transmitted in this email.

Re: jaxws-maven-plugin: wsgen compiles with wrong source and target version

Anders Hammar
By default the wsgen target compiles any generated classes as well, which
is typically not how it should be done in a Maven project as the
compilation should be handled by the maven-compile-plugin. But this is due
to wsgen being a tool which is wrapped by the jaxws-maven-plugin. (However,
the wsimport target does NOT compile the generated Java classes.)

You could try turning compilation off through the xnocompile [1] parameter.
However, I recall this having some side-effect on the generated end result.
I don't remember exactly what though. Test it and see if it produces what
you need.

Possibly you could specify 1.7 target through the vmArgs [2] parameter, but
I haven't found any example on that.

You could also use JDK tool chain [3] to specify a JDK 1.7 to be used for
wsgen.

[1] http://www.mojohaus.org/jaxws-maven-plugin/wsgen-mojo.html#xnocompile
[2] http://www.mojohaus.org/jaxws-maven-plugin/wsgen-mojo.html#vmArgs
[3]