jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

Jean-Luc Wasmer
Hi group,

When I call maven from a batch file and the project.xml file is not in
the current directory, the jar:deploy goal fails because it doesn't give
the right path to scp:

Executing command: scp project.xml
[hidden email]:/home/htdocs/maven/profilium-util/poms/profilium-util-0.5-SNAPSHOT.pom
ERROR>project.xml: No such file or directory

Relevant commands in the batch file:

set repodir=D:\development
call maven -X -p "%repodir%\profilium-util\project.xml" %1

Is this a known bug ?
The site:deploy goal works fine.

JL

Re: jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

Dan Tran
This works for me

  maven -d "%repodir%\profilium-util %1

never try -p option before.

-D

On 5/18/05, Jean-Luc Wasmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> When I call maven from a batch file and the project.xml file is not in
> the current directory, the jar:deploy goal fails because it doesn't give
> the right path to scp:
>
> Executing command: scp project.xml
> [hidden email]:/home/htdocs/maven/profilium-util/poms/profilium-util-0.5-SNAPSHOT.pom
> ERROR>project.xml: No such file or directory
>
> Relevant commands in the batch file:
>
> set repodir=D:\development
> call maven -X -p "%repodir%\profilium-util\project.xml" %1
>
> Is this a known bug ?
> The site:deploy goal works fine.
>
> JL

Re: jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

Jean-Luc Wasmer
-d gives me the same error !

Are you running this from a different directory?

By the way, I use Maven 1.0.2.

JL

dan tran wrote:

>This works for me
>
>  maven -d "%repodir%\profilium-util %1
>
>never try -p option before.
>
>-D
>
>On 5/18/05, Jean-Luc Wasmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi group,
>>
>>When I call maven from a batch file and the project.xml file is not in
>>the current directory, the jar:deploy goal fails because it doesn't give
>>the right path to scp:
>>
>>Executing command: scp project.xml
>>[hidden email]:/home/htdocs/maven/profilium-util/poms/profilium-util-0.5-SNAPSHOT.pom
>>ERROR>project.xml: No such file or directory
>>
>>Relevant commands in the batch file:
>>
>>set repodir=D:\development
>>call maven -X -p "%repodir%\profilium-util\project.xml" %1
>>
>>Is this a known bug ?
>>The site:deploy goal works fine.
>>
>>JL

Re: jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

Brett Porter
Can you file a bug against the artifact plugin?

(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPARTIFACT)

Brett Porter wrote:

>Can you file a bug against the artifact plugin?
>
>(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPARTIFACT)

done:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPARTIFACT-48

JL

POM inheritance & CVS

Walter Vandeweyer
Hi all

I'm building a EAR with multiple modules:

- WEB module
- EJB jar module
- java jar module

I did find out that is very comfortable to use POM inheritance, by writing a central Project.xml, and having all the others extending from it, like :

<extend>${basedir}/../project.xml</extend>

However there is a problem when building versioned modules.  Maven checks out the code from CVS into a directory like:

   ${my-project-home}/target/checkouts

This way Maven expects the parent POM to be located in the 'checkouts' directory of every module that is used in my project.

Is there any way to dynamically refer to 1 parent POM when using a repository?
Is there also a solution to versioning the parent POM, in order to be able to extend from the correct parent pom version when building the EAR?

Walter.

Re: POM inheritance & CVS

Brett Porter
On 5/20/05, Walter Vandeweyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I did find out that is very comfortable to use POM inheritance, by writing a central Project.xml, and having all the others extending from it, like :
>
> <extend>${basedir}/../project.xml</extend>
>
> However there is a problem when building versioned modules.  Maven checks out the code from CVS into a directory like:
>
>    ${my-project-home}/target/checkouts
>
> This way Maven expects the parent POM to be located in the 'checkouts' directory of every module that is used in my project.

Yes, this is a known problem. You can look at a workaround in Maven's
SVN (see maven.xml in plugin-parent).

> Is there any way to dynamically refer to 1 parent POM when using a repository?
> Is there also a solution to versioning the parent POM, in order to be able to extend from the correct parent pom version when building the EAR?

While this is completely fixed in Maven2, we're still looking at
backporting it to Maven 1.1.

Cheers,
Brett

(from http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPARTIFACT-48)

>fixed, but please use the new method (maven.repo.list and related
>properties) instead. The method you are using is deprecated.

I'm confused... what does this has to do with my problem?

maven.repo.list lists my internal repositories where I want to publish. In my script, I'm trying to build multiple projects with one command!

JL

Re: jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

Brett Porter
Inspection of the problem showed it only appeared when using the "old"
deployment technique, which was deprecated and has been removed in the
latest release.

Can you try upgrading to the latest artifact plugin (1.5.1) and see
whether this issue still exists?

Thanks,
Brett

On 6/9/05, Jean-Luc Wasmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Brett Porter wrote:
>
> >Can you file a bug against the artifact plugin?
> >
> >(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPARTIFACT)
> >

> (from http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPARTIFACT-48)
>
> >fixed, but please use the new method (maven.repo.list and related
> >properties) instead. The method you are using is deprecated.
> >

> I'm confused... what does this has to do with my problem?
>
> maven.repo.list lists my internal repositories where I want to publish. In my script, I'm trying to build multiple projects with one command!
>

> JL

Re: jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

Jean-Luc Wasmer
Brett,

Please ignore my last e-mail: I finally found how to upgrade plugins
(thanks to the pdf file).

I'll let you know if I still have a problem with my script.

Jean-Luc Wasmer wrote:

> Brett,
>
> Please ignore my last e-mail: I finally found how to upgrade plugins
> (thanks to the pdf file).

looks like it didn't make it to the mailing list's server....

Anyways, I figured out how to upgrade the plugins and did so for all of
them (as described in http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html).

Now, I have something weird: a connection error that never happened in
the past:

Failed to deploy to: profilium Reason:
org.apache.maven.wagon.authentication.AuthenticationException: Private
key was not found. You must define a private key or a password for repo:
profilium

Here is the content of my build.properties file:

maven.username = jlwasmer
maven.repo.list=profilium
maven.repo.profilium=scpexe://maven.profilium.lan
maven.repo.profilium.directory=/home/htdocs/maven
maven.repo.profilium.username=jlwasmer
maven.repo.profilium.group=maven

I use putty's ssh program (plink.exe) that I renamed ssh.exe. The key is
stored by their ssh-agent program so when I do:
ssh [hidden email]
in a command prompt, it connects right away and I don't have to enter a
password.
I do the same thing for scp.

Once again, that setup used to work.

JL

Re: jar:deploy fails if project.xml is not in the current directory

Brett Porter
Ok, I have a better understanding now that I've seen your properties.

Seems this is a bug introduced in the latest version. I will work on a
fix immediately. I will verify the other bug you originally reported
doesn't exist either.

You can also rollback using plugin:download -Dversion=1.4.1 with the
rest of the parameters the same to get back to the last working
version.

Also, you can use:
maven.repo.profilium.scp.executable=c:/path/to/plink
instead of renaming an executable on the path.

Cheers,
Brett

Brett Porter wrote:

>Seems this is a bug introduced in the latest version. I will work on a
>fix immediately. I will verify the other bug you originally reported
>doesn't exist either.

Is it fixed in version 1.5?
That's what I understand from:

*************************

    Fix Version:     (was: 1.5.2)
                 1.5
        Version:     (was: 1.5.1)
                 1.4.1

confirmed to have been fixed in 1.5

Why is 1.5 a fixed version of 1.5.1?

Anyways, I am now running maven-artifact-plugin-1.5, and I still see
that org.apache.maven.wagon.authentication.AuthenticationException.

>Also, you can use:
>maven.repo.profilium.scp.executable=c:/path/to/plink
>instead of renaming an executable on the path.

sure... but I used to run ssh for CVS and it had to be called "sss.exe"
and I also prefer to keep the configuration files as simple as I can.

JL