invoker tests using multiple maven versions

invoker tests using multiple maven versions

Matthieu BROUILLARD-3
Hi all,

I would like to know the best ways to test a plugin against different maven
versions?
Especially is there a way to run maven-invoker-plugin using different maven
versions?

I can think of some scripting for CI and usage of wrapper but I wanted to
know how people do currently.

Thanks.

Matthieu Brouillard

Re: invoker tests using multiple maven versions

Mirko Friedenhagen-5
Hello Matthieu,

I always enforce using different versions in the CI.

Sample for Travis:
* https://github.com/1and1/ono-maven-shared/blob/master/.travis.yml <https://github.com/1and1/ono-maven-shared/blob/master/.travis.yml> - (uses Maven Wrapper)

Sample for GitLab:
* https://gitlab.com/mfriedenhagen/foss-parent/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml <https://gitlab.com/mfriedenhagen/foss-parent/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml> (uses curl to install Maven)

And the Maven developers use Jenkins to test plugins with different JDKs and Maven versions:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-deploy-plugin.git;a=blob;f=Jenkinsfile;h=e9f05f7d979850fecae9ce1b5c4f499d052e8d4b;hb=HEAD <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-deploy-plugin.git;a=blob;f=Jenkinsfile;h=e9f05f7d979850fecae9ce1b5c4f499d052e8d4b;hb=HEAD>

Definition of `asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild` at https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-lib.git;a=blob;f=vars/asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild.groovy;hb=HEAD <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-lib.git;a=blob;f=vars/asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild.groovy;hb=HEAD>

Regards
Mirko

> Am 26.11.2018 um 11:35 schrieb Matthieu BROUILLARD <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know the best ways to test a plugin against different maven
> versions?
> Especially is there a way to run maven-invoker-plugin using different maven
> versions?
>
> I can think of some scripting for CI and usage of wrapper but I wanted to
> know how people do currently.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Matthieu Brouillard

Re: invoker tests using multiple maven versions

rfscholte
Right, it is now often solved with the CI server.

However, if somebody implements MINVOKER-100[1], then we could solve it
within the maven-invoker-plugin.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINVOKER-100

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 16:00:46 +0100, Mirko Friedenhagen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Matthieu,
>
> I always enforce using different versions in the CI.
>
> Sample for Travis:
> * https://github.com/1and1/ono-maven-shared/blob/master/.travis.yml
> <https://github.com/1and1/ono-maven-shared/blob/master/.travis.yml> -
> (uses Maven Wrapper)
>
> Sample for GitLab:
> *
> https://gitlab.com/mfriedenhagen/foss-parent/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml
> <https://gitlab.com/mfriedenhagen/foss-parent/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml>
> (uses curl to install Maven)
>
> And the Maven developers use Jenkins to test plugins with different JDKs
> and Maven versions:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-deploy-plugin.git;a=blob;f=Jenkinsfile;h=e9f05f7d979850fecae9ce1b5c4f499d052e8d4b;hb=HEAD
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-deploy-plugin.git;a=blob;f=Jenkinsfile;h=e9f05f7d979850fecae9ce1b5c4f499d052e8d4b;hb=HEAD>
>
> Definition of `asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild` at
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-lib.git;a=blob;f=vars/asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild.groovy;hb=HEAD
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-lib.git;a=blob;f=vars/asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild.groovy;hb=HEAD>
>
> Regards
> Mirko
>

>> Am 26.11.2018 um 11:35 schrieb Matthieu BROUILLARD
>> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to know the best ways to test a plugin against different
>> maven
>> versions?
>> Especially is there a way to run maven-invoker-plugin using different
>> maven
>> versions?
>>
>> I can think of some scripting for CI and usage of wrapper but I wanted
>> know how people do currently.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Matthieu Brouillard

Re: invoker tests using multiple maven versions

Matthieu BROUILLARD-3
Thank you, I will go for the CI solution for now.

Matthieu