importing p2 repositories from artifactory

importing p2 repositories from artifactory

Russ Tremain-2
Hi,

Has anyone been successful in importing p2 repositories into nexus
from artifactory?

I've been using the nexus-migration-plugin-artifactory-2.1-bundle.zip
with some success.. but it does not seem to recognize p2
repositories, even after installing the nexus-p2 plugins prior to the
import.

When I look at the repo config after the migration, the provider is
set to "Maven2", and it is grayed out.

I note that the migration plugin seems to be de-supported (and it
gets a class-not-found error with nexus 2.7), and the new recommended
procedure is to copy the content in manually.

Will that work for P2 repos?

thanks for any advice..
-Russ

Re: importing p2 repositories from artifactory

Peter Lynch-2
We don't suggest using that migration plugin at all.

Create a p2 type proxy repo in nexus UI first.

Then stop nexus and use the following technique for copying a p2 repository contents into sonatype-work/nexus/storage/<repo-id>

-Peter

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Russ Tremain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone been successful in importing p2 repositories into nexus from artifactory?

I've been using the nexus-migration-plugin-artifactory-2.1-bundle.zip with some success.. but it does not seem to recognize p2 repositories, even after installing the nexus-p2 plugins prior to the import.

When I look at the repo config after the migration, the provider is set to "Maven2", and it is grayed out.

I note that the migration plugin seems to be de-supported (and it gets a class-not-found error with nexus 2.7), and the new recommended procedure is to copy the content in manually.

Will that work for P2 repos?

thanks for any advice..
-Russ

Re: importing p2 repositories from artifactory

Russ Tremain-2
Re: [nexus-user] importing p2 repositories from artifactor
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the pointers.

I believe we are only mirroring public P2 repos, in which case can't I just manually configure the P2 proxies and let nexus do its magic?  Or do I have to use the p2 tasks you pointed out to physically mirror the remote repositories locally?

I have noted that even with P2 proxies configured on Artifactory, we seem to still pull loads of eclipse files from public mirrors, which is the problem I'm trying to understand.

thanks,
-Russ

At 11:47 AM -0400 12/13/13, Peter Lynch wrote:
[...]

Russ,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Russ Tremain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the pointers.

I believe we are only mirroring public P2 repos, in which case can't I just manually configure the P2 proxies and let nexus do its magic?  Or do I have to use the p2 tasks you pointed out to physically mirror the remote repositories locally?

By all means, just create new repos in Nexus manually with the correct remote urls.