imported project not in workspace

joet1111
Hi Everyone;

I'm new to Maven and am using the M2eclipse plugin to import an existing maven project.  The project was copied from another machine and placed in a folder on my machine.  I use the import "Existing Maven Projects" selection and the project imports fine and is visible in eclipse.  However, it is not brought into the eclipse workspace.  Also when I check the properties of the project, from within eclipse, it is pointing to the folder where I imported it from.

Is there a way to get the project into the eclipse workspace?  Should I have copied the project into the
workspace folder before importing?

Thanks for your help - Joe