how to store XML/conf in repository

Nicolas De Loof-3

Hi all,

How do you suggest me to store conf artifacts in repository ?

Let's take an example : Struts 1.2.7 comes with an XML file for
validator rules "validator-rules.xml".

Would it be a "best practice" way to setup some
"${repository-root}/struts/xmls/validator-rules-1.2.7.xml" or
"${repository-root}/struts/conf/validator-rules-1.2.7.xml"

I'd like to ask the struts community to add this one to apache
repository, so I ask it to you before.

Nico.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.

RE: how to store XML/conf in repository

Vincent Siveton-2
Hi Nicolas,

> How do you suggest me to store conf artifacts in repository ?

A configuration file contains configuration information for a particular
program on a specific computer. So, I don't think it is a good way to store
conf files in repository.

> Let's take an example : Struts 1.2.7 comes with an XML file for
> validator rules "validator-rules.xml".

This one is just a set of general rules. For instance, I have added inside
some generic constants and my own common validators.

I hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Vincent