how do i specify additional wagon plugins in the project pom to build deps when they don't yet exist in built form?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how do i specify additional wagon plugins in the project pom to build deps when they don't yet exist in built form?

james northrup
I would like to intercepts maven repo requests and builds the ones
that fit a certain pattern of buildable SCM repos, specifically using
git[hub] repositories.

what pom options exist to control wagon so that a similar solution can
be added to a parent pom to utilize plugin to build or exec when built
dependencies are not yet installed in specified repositories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how do i specify additional wagon plugins in the project pom to build deps when they don't yet exist in built form?

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi,

On 12/7/15 8:15 PM, james northrup wrote:
> I would like to intercepts maven repo requests and builds the ones
> that fit a certain pattern of buildable SCM repos, specifically using
> git[hub] repositories.

Maven is based on binary artifacts and NOT on source artifacts...

>
> what pom options exist to control wagon so that a similar solution can
> be added to a parent pom to utilize plugin to build or exec when built
> dependencies are not yet installed in specified repositories.

By default there does not exist such an machanism...for good reasons...

Why you might can do use a EventSpy to intercept the repository request
so you might can create an Maven extension which could handle that....

But you might take a look to this:

https://github.com/l2x6/srcdeps-maven-plugin

but from my point of view it will break all the advantages Maven
has...which means you don't need to rebuild everything everytime...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how do i specify additional wagon plugins in the project pom to build deps when they don't yet exist in built form?

james northrup
thanks, i doubt a new wagon option would subtract from the maven build
experience if broken deps are resolved back to thier source

https://jitpack.io/#l2x6/srcdeps-maven-plugin/0.0.11 does it as
transparent SAAS.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12/7/15 8:15 PM, james northrup wrote:
>>
>> I would like to intercepts maven repo requests and builds the ones
>> that fit a certain pattern of buildable SCM repos, specifically using
>> git[hub] repositories.
>
>
> Maven is based on binary artifacts and NOT on source artifacts...
>
>>
>> what pom options exist to control wagon so that a similar solution can
>> be added to a parent pom to utilize plugin to build or exec when built
>> dependencies are not yet installed in specified repositories.
>
>
> By default there does not exist such an machanism...for good reasons...
>
> Why you might can do use a EventSpy to intercept the repository request so
> you might can create an Maven extension which could handle that....
>
> But you might take a look to this:
>
> https://github.com/l2x6/srcdeps-maven-plugin
>
> but from my point of view it will break all the advantages Maven has...which
> means you don't need to rebuild everything everytime...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]